Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

Security Hints - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Security Hints

Administrator

Security Hints

that Antispywarebot is not a free program. The website itself also contains spyware. Just a warning. My Spybot S&D found 4 entries of the socalled SPYWAREBOT.

Security Hints

WEll i have some new for you. Like you know i work at avg and a new version of avg free is going to be released like the new versions of avg.

i can say that avg free is going to be a bomb

Administrator

Security Hints

The thing I don't like with AVG is that when it finds a virus it stops scanning until you have handled the virus situation. I believe thats only in the free versions they do that. Sorta anoying when it takes about one full day to scan throug my entire computer with a full scan.

Security Hints

veritias that is only on free edition of course

Security Hints

I'm not sure, but is that feature available in free version of Avira Antivir? I've used that for few years and now and I have to say it really rocks. Haven't tested AVG though.. Have somebody tested both?

Security Hints

Avg is good but just good, before all people said that avg was the best antivir cuz it did not slow down your comp. And back then i agreed, but with avgs new versions it is realy slow.

I only trust the best now, i got hacked 2years ago and since then i always pay for my antivir prog.

I've used Kaspersky and nod32, and i have to say that Nod32 is realy realy good cuz my comp run at full speed.

But when i download virus deliberately, it's take to long time for Nod32 to find the virus.

Check this out - > http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Atm i use Kaspersky 6.0. And why?
    It's faster than 7.0 and with latest updates there will no problems.

And kaspersky:s firewall is better self-learning than Nod32s and AVGs firewall

Security Hints

I work for a PC repair shop and 80% of our business is malware cleanup.

We use and trust Avast over AVG. Avast is more accurate as a free Anti-Virus.

For spyware, most of it is cleaned up w/ a program called Malwarebytes. You can find it at malwarebytes.org This program finds, cleans, and reverses the effects of spyware in most cases, but as everyone knows, not one programs can take care of it all.

So we also use Super Anti-Spyware because it does a good job and also shows you a list of your start up items. Spybot Search & Destroy also works well if the previous 2 haven't solved your problem.

One other program we use is called HiJackThis from Hijackthis.de You want to find the old version though, not the new Trend Micro version.

Hope some of that helps!