Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

SendMessage 0x41 doesnt work

Thread: SendMessage 0x41 doesnt work

SendMessage 0x41 doesnt work

why does all of this work:
    Code:
    					if(GetAsyncKeyState(VK_RIGHT)) {
    						SendMessage(tibiaWindow, WM_KEYUP, VK_RIGHT, 0);
    						SendMessage(tibiaWindow, WM_KEYDOWN, VK_RIGHT, 0);
    					}
    					else if(GetAsyncKeyState(VK_UP)) {
    						SendMessage(tibiaWindow, WM_KEYUP, VK_UP, 0);
    						SendMessage(tibiaWindow, WM_KEYDOWN, VK_UP, 0);
    					}
    					else if(GetAsyncKeyState(VK_DOWN)) {
    						SendMessage(tibiaWindow, WM_KEYUP, VK_DOWN, 0);
    						SendMessage(tibiaWindow, WM_KEYDOWN, VK_DOWN, 0);
    					}
    					else if(GetAsyncKeyState(VK_LEFT)) {
    						SendMessage(tibiaWindow, WM_KEYUP, VK_LEFT, 0);
    						SendMessage(tibiaWindow, WM_KEYDOWN, VK_LEFT, 0);
    					}
    but not this:
    Code:
    					else if(GetAsyncKeyState(0x41)) {
    						SendMessage(tibiaWindow, WM_KEYUP, 0x41, 0);
    						SendMessage(tibiaWindow, WM_KEYDOWN, 0x41, 0);
    					}
    ?

You also need to send WM_CHAR if you want to write letters and such.
    Use Spy++ or so in the future to see what messages is sent when you press a button.

PS. You can write 'A' instead of 0x41, easier to read just so you know.

I dont like spy++, it never gives concrete WM keycodes.
    anything wrong here?

Code:
    						SendMessage(tibiaWindow, WM_CHAR, 0x41, 0);

Just to make you aware, because you'll probably face this issue soon, the use of SendMessage is disrupted by TeamViewer, so if your keyboard controller isn't working, that'll be why. I didn't find a workaround yet, not looked so hard.

Here is my method for sending strings, if you wanted it:

Code:
           public void SendKeys(string message)
            {
                foreach (char c in message)
                {
                    int charValue = c;
                    IntPtr val = new IntPtr((Int32)c);
                    SendMessage(Util.Handle, Constants.WM_CHAR, val, new IntPtr(0));
                }
                IntPtr rtn = new IntPtr((Int32)'\0');
                SendMessage(Util.Handle, Constants.WM_CHAR, rtn, new IntPtr(0));
            }
    So you know, Util.Handle is the handle, and Constants.WM_CHAR is defined like so:

public const Int32 WM_CHAR = 0x0102;

In a seperate class named Constants. I think the \0 I'm sending at the end was supposed to be a carriage return but I may have modified it by mistake when I was trying something.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xleniz View Post
    anything wrong here?

Code:
    Then you're not using Spy++ correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xleniz View Post
    anything wrong here?

Code:
    It can't be much clearer than it already is in Spy++.

ok THNX.
    i was using wininspector or whatever it was called, it showed too many messages,
    Spy++ came with VSSTUDIO (i will use it in future)