Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

Regarding the recent banishments (Programmers need your input) - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding the recent banishments (Programmers need your input)

Regarding the recent banishments (Programmers need your input)

lol you missed the most obvious one, go over to the programmers board and have a look

Well, Craban admitted they read bots' forums and even download bots.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by *DEAD*
    lol you missed the most obvious one, go over to the programmers board and have a look
    About the "random bytes"?
    Quote Originally Posted by WRtB
    Well, Craban admitted they read bots' forums and even download bots.
    Of course, so they can understand their competition.

Jo3

I would like to remind for all of your who think Tibia is checking it's memory etc... The last time we got ban, Tibia officially confirmed that they don't consider Tibiacam application as cheat tool and they don't ban Tibiacam users. As we know Tibiacam also uses memory editing and therefore it would be hard for them to work this way.
    Maybe some of you will come up with idea that Tibia have a list of special value to check in memory that leads to detecting exact tools: NG, ELF, BLACKD. This will be wrong also. Since this will be a priceless present to tprogramming comunity and will develop totaly new problem of home-made tools. I don't expect CIP to be so stupid.
    So here is what we have as I think:

- they don't check PC environment nor processes (illegal);
    - they don't check Tibia memory (easy to check and bad selectivity);
    - they DO check own files (exe and possible othes, confirmed);
    - they DO record all public messages (confirmed);
    - they POSSIBLE dynamicly check private messages (but I doubt they can record them legally);

I'm in adware business. I have to deal a lot with hidding/revealing. From my experience the best they could go is to check client response on server side. This is very easy, structured and precision way.

Testing almost every bot in my our debug environment showed me that all existing bots (there are few exceptions) can be easily catched on their side. I will give you a few "kid" examples that was too easy to see:
    - "dash" feature generates tons of CancelWalk packets and this can be analysed;
    - reveal invisible will generate fasle attack packets those can be analysed;
    and so on...

I'm maybe wrong, but only in case CIPsoft isn't smart enough. Please don't expect any protection stuff on the client side. Everyone can fully disassemble their packet processor and see there is nothing about protection!

I have checked the imported functions and they are exactly the same as in 8.0, no imported functions allow to get other processes as far as I'm concerned, therefore there is no spying on the pc for cheat tools. The registry routine Daniel pointed out is the same as in 7.92 client.

Some of you claim that Tibia can detect edited client, checks its own memory... where in the code you see it? I don't.

So most probably the client doesn't detect it at all, it's all done server-side.
    There are a few possibilities, they may analyse the junk bytes in every packet, I'm not sure if elfbot/ng/blackd are detectable this way or not, but some bots just add 0-bytes there... Could someone investigate this case deeper?
    Also we saw that they have tools to analyse which hunting grounds are most occupied, maybe they created something to look for our waypoints, meaning that if you step on the same tile too often etc you are marked as suspicious and bannished in the neariest ban wave... same with fast looting, strange packets (like when you attack invisible creatures, use dash-walking and so on); yes of course it may happen without any "unofficial software" because of network congestion but hey, not 1000 times in a row?

Why is there so many high levels banned? Almost everyone is over level 100. And how can people be banned when they haven't logged in for months? Lets think about this. The accounts was probably detected a long time ago, and that is why so many are high levels now. Now you are wondering how these account where detected. Go back 5-6 months back and you have the answer. Black Wednesday, and the bans in September. They made a database of botters, and they continue detecting botters in the same way as Black Wednesday. If there is a dectecting-tool it was implemented a long time ago, since people who didn't log in for months are banned.

Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by negroid
    Why is there so many high levels banned? Almost everyone is over level 100. And how can people be banned when they haven't logged in for months? Lets think about this. The accounts was probably detected a long time ago, and that is why so many are high levels now. Now you are wondering how these account where detected. Go back 5-6 months back and you have the answer. Black Wednesday, and the bans in September. They made a database of botters, and they continue detecting botters in the same way as Black Wednesday. If there is a dectecting-tool it was implemented a long time ago, since people who didn't log in for months are banned.
    How many people have you heard about getting banned? I can recall maybe 100 people in total. Still almost 4800 people missing. I just think noone would report loosing a level 30 botaccount.

Black Wednesday was people that relogged with a older client than the official one.

Quote Originally Posted by ame
    How many people have you heard about getting banned? I can recall maybe 100 people in total. Still almost 4800 people missing. I just think noone would report loosing a level 30 botaccount.

Black Wednesday was people that relogged with a older client than the official one.
    Still, how can people be banned if they haven't logged in for weeks or months? One thing is sure, CIP must have been detecting people for a while now. Unless people are lying about their bans. Also, some people have been MCing with several chars, using same scripts. But only one or a few have been banned. How is this possible? All chars should have been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by ame

That's so strange...

My main account was banned whilst all the other accounts are left untouched, even though some of them are purely botted.

I don't really believe that anyone who hasn't logged in for months was picked, they were most probably detected in december/january, maybe on noobchars; we need to find the real reason, I doubt they would hurt also innocent "high lvls"(do such exist though? :icon10 so it's quite probable that bots can indeed be detected by server. From our experience with cipsoft, WE ALL KNOW THEY SUCK hence it can't be really complicated!

Quote Originally Posted by teehee
    That's so strange...

My main account was banned whilst all the other accounts are left untouched, even though some of them are purely botted.

I don't really believe that anyone who hasn't logged in for months was picked, they were most probably detected in december/january, maybe on noobchars; we need to find the real reason, I doubt they would hurt also innocent "high lvls"(do such exist though? :icon10 so it's quite probable that bots can indeed be detected by server. From our experience with cipsoft, WE ALL KNOW THEY SUCK hence it can't be really complicated!
    When was main account created and the other accounts?