Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 456
Rules? [Archive] - Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rules?

Kekke
08-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Since I could not find any rules whatsoever, I made up a basic shell for you to modify, and approve before I/someone else post it official.

Here are the guidelines for using the TProgramming forums. You are required to follow them if you wish to continue to use these forums.
These are the main guidelines. Some extra rules apply to subforums. Please read the stickies.

General Guidelines

Discussion of warez or illegal application cracking will strictly not be tolerated.

Plagiarism falls into the same category as the above. If an administrator can prove plagiarism, suspension is a possibility.
DO NOT post asking for people to hack something for you.
DO NOT spam constantly.
DO NOT post in ugly random colors. Keep to the default.
DO NOT use idiotic retarded "leet speek" and other types of "non-english" writing. Please post with grammar, spelling, and punctuation to the best of your abilities.
DO NOT abuse other users in malicious ways.
DO NOT open ancient topics, that are obviously old, and people have stopped discussing (this is often termed necroposting), unless you have something good to contribute to the thread that will promote it's advancement.
DO NOT attack/abuse/flame users who have posted a stupid post, or have asked a silly question. It is spam, and it will be treated as spam.
DO NOT abuse account privileges to gain a higher post count (privileged members).
READ previous posts in reference to the challenges, don't immediately start a new topic. Failure to do so may result in post/thread deletion and possibility of a warn increase.
DO NOT Create a topic advertising someones/yours website.
DO NOT Link to viruses/hacking/stealing info
DO NOT question on how to make money, this is a programming site.

Cameri
08-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Fair enough!
But you didn't mention anything about advertising, linking outside the forum (which links are valid and which aren't).

Kekke
08-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Updated zzz

zionz
08-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Its a nice list, i couldn't think of another things to add, now lets see what admins think?

OsQu
08-07-2007, 07:15 PM
One thing, though it's almost same thing than number eight. But I'd notice users about using Search button. Most of the forums ppl forget to use it :D

PhantoM
08-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Looks good, maybe some minor adjustments :p

Veritias
08-08-2007, 08:51 AM
These are actually the rules I want to put into action if it's ok for you Kekke :)
I only need you to add that about advertisement and that we do not accept people posting about "making money" schemes. It's just anoying and fake.

Kekke
08-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Added those, feel free to post it anywhere suitable

Kekke
08-09-2007, 03:17 PM
I was thinking of something, should we allow users to type "Nice!!" if someone releases a new program or should we want constructive critisism?

As in:

BAD:
"Nice job!!!"

GOOD:
"I like the GUI window and the traybar is fantastic, could've been a bit darker color though..., anyways good job man!"