Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 456
Application for Programmer status [Archive] - Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Application for Programmer status

MadPrgmr
03-20-2007, 09:11 PM
While I'm sure that almost everyone here knows me to some extent or another, here's my formal application:

-- First name:
Rumpelstiltskin

old enough to only use leetspeak as sarcasm

USA

-- Do you speak fluent english?
I believe so.

-- Do you program? If so what language?
VB, some C++, Java

-- If you were accepted as a moderator, what would you like to moderate? (Leave
blank if not valid to your app.
Probably not applicable, although I can help mod the programmer's area.

-- How often do you visit TP or how often did you visit TP when it was respectable?
Fairly often.

-- What makes you a good addition to the staff, Why would we pick you over someone else?
Psh, why wouldn't you? :P

-- Do you have any experience in the position your applying for?
Nope, none at all.

-- As a TProgramming programmer, would you be willing to provide your sources for verification and compiling? (Leave blank if not valid to your app.)
No, but it's not like Java code can't be reverse compiled rather easily (I'm too lazy to obfuscate it).

-- What could you do or provide to the community if you were accepted?
Develop tools and software for the community as time permits.

-- Describe your personality in one word
Like a marmoset. Hmm, that was three words... oh well :D

Rabbe
03-20-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm sure this dude thats old enough to walk on the street by himself can make a good job :P

Praetox
03-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Not that formal an application, but hey - made me laugh, and you're awesome at coding.

EDIT: Recommended, but don't know about that "keeping sources secret" part... Didn't read the whole application, since it sounded kinda non-serious-ish.

Zyphrus
03-20-2007, 10:58 PM
-- As a TProgramming programmer, would you be willing to provide your sources for verification and compiling? (Leave blank if not valid to your app.)
No, but it's not like Java code can't be reverse compiled rather easily (I'm too lazy to obfuscate it).

That's pretty un appealing to me...

andyk
03-21-2007, 06:23 AM
I understand why you wouldn't provide your source codes, because it's your work. I can relate with my web design, I wouldn't hand over my source file so someone could take a look - though, graphics can't 'hack' with backdoors etc, programming can.

So when you become a programmer and apart of a community like TP, you should be prepared to hand over your work as it's for the best and programming is mostly open source anyway.