Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 456
What is the "best" language to learn? [Archive] - Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What is the "best" language to learn?

robssito
05-17-2011, 11:17 PM
In your opinion, what is the "best" language to learn?
Well I'm here to ask for help for people "experienced" in the subject, which already has a certain habit and/or work as a developer. What is the best language, today, to learn? More worthwhile to be a programmer WEB or DESKTOP?

Give yours opinions :)

Ps: Sorry bad english, i use translator, i'm BR :P

Blaster_89
05-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Not a professional programmer, but I'd say C# with ASP.NET and Java if you want to get paid for your work

edit: Some C++ is also good, but not required. Btw this is what I've seen from companies looking for devs in Sweden

robssito
05-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Yes, i want to get paid :P

TiX
05-18-2011, 01:15 AM
I agree with Blaster_89,

Although if you find C# a little to hard to start with.. you could always give Visual Basic with .NET a go. (Visual Basic 2010 would be best)
I find VB pretty easy to learn too :)

On the other hand if you would like to programme in Web Design, You could start with HTML then move onto PHP.

Pro-grammer
05-18-2011, 05:30 AM
I would say C#, Delphi and C++.

C# Extremely great syntax, easy to learn, and powerfull.

Delphi Easy as C# and powerfull like C#.

C++ Hard Syntax (Points, etc...), hard to understand, but you may develop anything you like with this ;/

I first choosed Delphi, then moved to VB, and now I'm standing at C#.
Cause it's mainly how everything in there is easy, thanks for the .NET framework libraries, which gives me alot of access to alot of functions, which in Delphi I need to create them from scratch.

Just try them and choose the one you'd like ^^

robssito
05-18-2011, 11:11 AM
@TiX
I'm newbie on VB.NET, in C# i understand some functions, is not hard to me :P
Html is very easy, about PHP, I work with him one time ...

@Pro-grammer
I was seeing, if I start Delphi is more worthwhile to "appeal"to JAVA, it is a language that will / is growing increasingly.
C + + is a bit difficult at all that some handouts do not solve:)
I've been looking for jobs as a programmer, the area is quite popular in C #, but very little compared to the salary paid to a Java programmer.

@Topic
If anyone knows of any book Java / C + + / C # and could send me, I would be grateful:)

Farsa
05-18-2011, 03:01 PM
gigapedia.org

asta
05-19-2011, 02:39 PM
C/C++

Once you know C/C++, you can learn any other imperative programming language in two days.

Jesper_Kladden
05-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Well, the more languages you know, the easier you will get a job (Just like normal languages. If you know German, Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, English , etc. - ofc. you'll get more jobs (or at least jobs where you need languages ;) )).

If you're going for programs, learn PHP, MySQL and C#.Net
If you're going for games, learn C++ (and sometimes C#.Net).. ASM is always good to know =)

Tabgyn
05-20-2011, 05:38 PM
C/C++ and C#
But learning the programming logic, you can choose any language.

volf ram
05-20-2011, 06:10 PM
So many people are suggesting C++, it surprises me. I would say it's far too complicated, why not go for simpler alternatives?

C# seems to be an all-around good answer, with useful features and extremely rich libraries. It probably will be my next language when I want to learn a new one (although I HATE AND DESPISE c-like syntax in general :-/).

If you want to make a living out of programming, then most likely it will be the web (mandatory Javascript and PHP / Ruby / Python) or enterprise (mandatory SQL and Java / C#, sometimes C++).

klusbert
05-20-2011, 06:59 PM
I wished that I started with c# instead of vb. Even if I still think that a fast vb.programmer can program alot faster than a fast c# programmer :P