Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 456
How to find out what monsters are attacking you ? 9.8+ [Archive] - Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to find out what monsters are attacking you ? 9.8+

jah
01-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Hello guys,

just a quick question: How do you guys find out if a monster (not player) is attacking you, since the black square disappeared from the battle list ?

- I have several approaches, the easiest one is to wait for a damage message if there is only 1 creature of the name on your screen. ("Who of the 2 rats made damage now?"-Problem)
- Read out graphics for distance attacks (doesnt work for melee or puff because you cant tell who attacked you for multiple monsters)
- Smart Analyzing (secret, however it is complicated).

If you guys have any simple read out approach or know of data in the client that could be used, post here.

Yours
jah

Farsa
01-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Reading how far it is far from you and the direction the creature is facing should be a good indicator for you to consider. No, I do not know if there is a exact way since I don't play anymore.

jah
01-22-2013, 07:41 PM
I can detect if monsters stand next to me ofc, but it doesnt for example show if its a summon or a real monster. Ofcourse you dont want to attack a summon.

Farsa
01-22-2013, 08:41 PM
IMO...

Non-pvp:
When you attack a summon you get a warning saying you can't attack it. => blacklist the id

Pvp:
You should have a list of creature targets, anything strange should be ignored unless it attacks you. Also, if someone summons a creature that exists in the area you are botting, they are asking for trouble. => be pragmatic

Noen
01-25-2013, 01:52 PM
CIP returned with the Black Square for creatures.
This is so wierd.