Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 456
JonBot2 Cavebot [Archive] - Forums

PDA

View Full Version : JonBot2 Cavebot

JBot
10-20-2013, 10:03 PM
You can delete thread. Sorry about that.

JBot
10-20-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm releasing this because I'm quitting Zezenia, and with the source code, someone else should be able to continue development if interested. I only ask that if you use my source to make a more advanced bot, that my source in the next bot be open still.

Cry
10-22-2013, 10:47 PM
This seem rather suspicious IMO!

Blahhh
10-22-2013, 11:00 PM
This seem rather suspicious IMO!
suspicous? It's open source in case you didn't notice

JBot
10-23-2013, 05:28 AM
suspicous? It's open source in case you didn't notice

I laughed.

JBot
10-26-2013, 09:52 AM
There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest. I will say that this cavebot is functional. I easily make over 50k exp/hr botting my level 30+ at places. You cannot afk bot, but that's not something I really wanted anyways.

Blequi
10-26-2013, 11:26 AM
There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest.

upload some screenshots, explain its features, how to use it and maybe a simple script or whatever. You should agree you haven't provided much end-user info about it, so it isn't that eye-catching, i.e,, present better your fish.

Farsa
10-26-2013, 12:52 PM
- provide compilation instructions, preferably a script so any programming illiterate can build it by themselves. You can't expect people to trust you with their so precious digital lives.
- BotGuide.txt + ToDo.txt should be a README in the repository root

JBot
10-26-2013, 10:36 PM
- provide compilation instructions, preferably a script so any programming illiterate can build it by themselves. You can't expect people to trust you with their so precious digital lives.
- BotGuide.txt + ToDo.txt should be a README in the repository root

So, even though the source is there, no one cares? Ok.

Farsa
10-26-2013, 11:33 PM
what is your point?

ottizy
10-27-2013, 01:05 AM
So, even though the source is there, no one cares? Ok.

All hail JBot for the creator of this awesome yet I can't believe it's Java! HaiL!

JBot
10-27-2013, 04:28 AM
All hail JBot for the creator of this awesome yet I can't believe it's Java! HaiL!

That's not what I was getting at. I released this for the players, but no players are interested. Source, irrelevant, other than to get verified, but I guess no one does verification anymore?

Farsa
10-27-2013, 10:05 AM
2 reason for people not to be interested:
- "no one" plays this game
- >>>NO ONE<<< has any reason to trust that the binary you are distributing is safe and wouldn't get them hacked. That is why you need to provide apropriate compilation instructions*. You have already provided some source code - be smart and finish the job if you want the 10 people who play zezenia and would like to try your bot to do it.

* you also apparently fail to understand that not everyone that comes here(or used to) knows how to program or compile shit, they just want bots

JBot
10-27-2013, 08:35 PM
2 reason for people not to be interested:
- >>>NO ONE<<< has any reason to trust that the binary you are distributing is safe and wouldn't get them hacked.

* you also apparently fail to understand that not everyone that comes here(or used to) knows how to program or compile shit, they just want bots

I'm aware of that. That's why the source was provided, so that it could get verified. Again, I guess no one does verification anymore.

Farsa
10-27-2013, 08:39 PM
sadly, that is true

ottizy
10-27-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm aware of that. That's why the source was provided, so that it could get verified. Again, I guess no one does verification anymore.

I actually think the one who is gonna verify it will have to compile it himself thus makes it need a compiling instruction. How can we know that binaries you provided actually comes from the source code?

JBot
10-27-2013, 09:20 PM
I actually think the one who is gonna verify it will have to compile it himself thus makes it need a compiling instruction. How can we know that binaries you provided actually comes from the source code?

You don't need to compile it to verify it. You don't compile the source and say "This is legit. I compiled it myself." You look at the source, looking for any methods that do anything that is bad for the users. You don't have to trust my binaries for the source to be verified.

Farsa
10-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Again, what is the point of having verified or unverified sources if users don't know how to compile it?

JBot
10-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Again, what is the point of having verified or unverified sources if users don't know how to compile it?

The point being that I'd have a reason to give compilation instructions if, after the source was verified, people showed interest.

ottizy
10-27-2013, 11:29 PM
You don't need to compile it to verify it. You don't compile the source and say "This is legit. I compiled it myself." You look at the source, looking for any methods that do anything that is bad for the users. You don't have to trust my binaries for the source to be verified.

I meant if they want verified binaries.

JBot
10-28-2013, 03:41 AM
I meant if they want verified binaries.

One step at a time. Unverified source is equivalent to unverified binaries. No point having one without the others.

ottizy
10-28-2013, 11:32 PM
One step at a time. Unverified source is equivalent to unverified binaries. No point having one without the others.

How could unverified source be equivalent to unverified binaries if one cannot know if the binaries are not coming from the source?

JBot
10-29-2013, 03:49 AM
How could unverified source be equivalent to unverified binaries if one cannot know if the binaries are not coming from the source?

That a serious question? How can you verify the binary, without the source being verified? You can't. And since no one verifies source anymore, the binary can never be verified either. Think about it.

ottizy
10-29-2013, 09:26 AM
That a serious question? How can you verify the binary, without the source being verified? You can't. And since no one verifies source anymore, the binary can never be verified either. Think about it.

Haha no you need to think about it. Even if someone verifies your sources it doesn't mean your binaries is verified.

JBot
10-30-2013, 04:58 AM
Haha no you need to think about it. Even if someone verifies your sources it doesn't mean your binaries is verified.

Yea, ok. That's correct, and I've already stated that myself. You don't seem to realize, I can't release verified binaries. No one can, without verified source. You still not following?

If not, let me make it simpler.

Verified binary requires verified source.

No verified source, means no verified binary.

Verified source required people to do verification.

No people to do verification, means no verified source.

No verified source, means no verified binary.

Please tell me you are not still lost.

If so, reread the whole thread, and tell me where you found the faulty logic.

ottizy
10-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Yea, ok. That's correct, and I've already stated that myself. You don't seem to realize, I can't release verified binaries. No one can, without verified source. You still not following?

My god you're just taking this fucking disscussion all over again. A Moderator on this forum or someone else who is considered trusted can take your shitty bot, look through the source obviously then compile it and then release the binaries as "verified". This is exactly what I posted a few posts ago:

No people to do verification, means no verified source.

So why not make a simple compiling instruction and let the user verify it themselves? It has been my point all the fucking time but you keep crying about people not verifying.

JBot
10-30-2013, 06:12 PM
My god you're just taking this fucking disscussion all over again. A Moderator on this forum or someone else who is considered trusted can take your shitty bot, look through the source obviously then compile it and then release the binaries as "verified". This is exactly what I posted a few posts ago:

So why not make a simple compiling instruction and let the user verify it themselves? It has been my point all the fucking time but you keep crying about people not verifying.

Ok, I cannot believe this, but you still aren't getting it. There are no moderators of this forum, as you call it, to do the verification. If there were, for the few weeks the source was available, a moderator would have asked for instructions, or sent me a pm. Neither happened. That is what you are not getting. There is no one to do the verification. Do you not get this? Do you not understand this one simple fact? Does this still elude you? Should I quote all the time, that I've said this over and over? There are no users to verify, unless you are volunteering. There are no moderators to verify.

ottizy
10-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Ok, I cannot believe this, but you still aren't getting it. There are no moderators of this forum, as you call it, to do the verification. If there were, for the few weeks the source was available, a moderator would have asked for instructions, or sent me a pm. Neither happened. That is what you are not getting. There is no one to do the verification. Do you not get this? Do you not understand this one simple fact? Does this still elude you? Should I quote all the time, that I've said this over and over? There are no users to verify, unless you are volunteering. There are no moderators to verify.

Then leave a compiling instruction for the single user who wants to use it to compile it himself

JBot
10-30-2013, 06:33 PM
There's not even that, hence why I removed the first post. No one wants to use it unverified. I cannot get it verified. No one wants to use it unverified. No point keeping it here. You would know this if you followed the whole thread.

ottizy
10-30-2013, 06:41 PM
I followed the thread didn't just check the first post if it was edited every time.

rangel dp
02-23-2016, 08:00 PM
nice bot XDDDDDD