Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

Tibia Chat Integration
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tibia Chat Integration

Tibia Chat Integration

I was thinking of interesting projects, and I was wondering what has been done, or what interest there would be, in creating a Chat client for Tibia. I do not mean integration with AIM or MSN, but instead pulling away just the console from the client. In this way, you could chat with Tibia friends and just sit in your house or a safe place, but you wouldn't have to have the full client open.

Basically, the application would act like a stripped down client, ignoring everything but chat messages (I suppose some kind of AFK or monitoring functionality could be built in, but that would be secondary). You could even create a plugin for applications like Pidgin, so you could have an "in-Tibia" buddy list to talk to people through Tibia.

Just wondering if something like this would be a useful way to keep up relationships in Tibia without actually "playing" the game all the time. Would anyone use such an application?

Tibia Chat Integration

I thought about the same but doing it in php so its possible to chat with players throught the webbrowser

Tibia Chat Integration

That would be pretty neat. Although the logistics of having a webserver connect to the Tibia server doesn't seem fun, or safe in case of banishments.

Administrator

Tibia Chat Integration

This would be possible, and easy with TibiaAPI. Of course, though, people would have to understand that their player would be logged in and therefore prone to attacks (if not in a safe area), being pushed, etc. It would also be nice to add some small functions such as eat food, transform item, etc. so people can still do simple tasks that they would do when just sitting around talking (casting spells, creating runes, etc.) and they could also do this in places where they aren't able to install the client (work, school, etc.). I use lists and etc. a lot, lol.

Jo3

Tibia Chat Integration

if you gonna make it clientless, tibiaapi wont help as much as usual and i dont think people would trust putting their account information on any site other than tibia.com

Tibia Chat Integration

Well, since the raw socket update to TibiaAPI, I think it does have clientless ability, although I may be wrong. That update, btw, needs to be better integrated.

Tibia Chat Integration

it doesn't have the hability we need because it works by simply sniffing the packets client<->server
    i started this project on wpf, as a practice and because of the possible future web implementation, but it still needs a lot of work and to remove most of tibiaapi stuff that i use mainly for parsing the packets

http://code.google.com/p/tibiachat/

whoever wants to take part on this just tell me

Tibia Chat Integration

Ive made something similar to this idea :P

It has the ability to connect multiple people in tibia (on multiple servers) to a chat room like a guild chat, and it also has support for a separate program to see the messages and send them also.

+Anybody can host a server for it, comes with my bot

http://www.tpforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2622

Theres the thread about the chat (Bot with it isnt released yet, working some on my proxy). I just made the stand alone chat client last night so its not mentioned in there, but yeah its a pretty cool thing to have, just testing it and seeing it almost complete made me feel good :P

Tibia Chat Integration

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstaR
    It has the ability to connect multiple people in tibia (on multiple servers) to a chat room like a guild chat, and it also has support for a separate program to see the messages and send them also.

+Anybody can host a server for it, comes with my bot
    Why not to use IRC protocol + servers for that as Cameri did in TTB? It's free to use and works perfectly. And also supports every feature you've descriped. Nice learning project though :P

Tibia Chat Integration

Quote Originally Posted by OsQu
    Why not to use IRC protocol + servers for that as Cameri did in TTB? It's free to use and works perfectly. And also supports every feature you've descriped. Nice learning project though :P
    I've never even used IRC, let alone do I know how it works :P

And this is alot easier. I just make the packet exactly as it would be to be fake to client, then send it to server and that sends it to all connected bots. They make sure they aren't bad packets (that will debug you), then encrypt them and send them to client. Server itself is like 30~ lines of code and the chat isnt that complicated (alot easier then people think)