Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

TibiaAPI + TibiaTekBot = <3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TibiaAPI + TibiaTekBot = <3

Cameri and I have been discussing a partnership between the new TibiaAPI and the recently open-source released TibiaTekBot. Basically, TTB would be restructured to use the TibiaAPI framework, which would afford the project all many benefits I have laid out numerous times.

Of course, this would involve some work on the side of the TTB programmers, because TTB is written in VB.NET and TibiaAPI in C#. The process would be something like this:

1) At first we would work on externalizing the main Tibia functions from TTB to TibiaAPI, and the TTB program itself could still be written in VB.NET. That part will take some time, but shouldn't be too difficult as .NET languages are nicely compatible.

2) The next step is to move all TTB code over to C#

You may be wondering, why C#? What makes it so much better than VB.NET. Well, I think the most important reason is that TibiaAPI is focused on object oriented principles, and well structured code. With VB, this is a bit more difficult to accomplish. Further, C# is the native .NET language, which means it will be easier to take advantage of the huge fuctionality provided by the library.

I am not claiming that C# is better than VB.NET. Programming languages are more a matter of preference, what makes a good programmer is that he or she can move to another language while holding on to the principles and processes that are really essential to programming.

I would love to hear everyones feedback on the issue, whether you are involved in the project or not!

Ian

In my opinion, it would be a pretty fun project. TibiaAPI is going to be an Assembly DLL, and TibiaTekBot will be able to implement it without major changes. Also, both projects must be aimed at allowing scripting to be made possible. So the TibiaAPI must have a way to allow scripting, scripts either using C# or VB.NET syntax.

Every core feature of TTB should be moved to TibiaAPI, and such.

I'll comment more about it later, because now I'm at work and I can't lose much time here.

Administrator

Sounds like a great project. In my opinion the scripting syntax would work a whole lot better in the C# syntax than in the VB.NET syntax.

Good luck,
    Jo3

Quote Originally Posted by Cameri
    In my opinion, it would be a pretty fun project. TibiaAPI is going to be an Assembly DLL, and TibiaTekBot will be able to implement it without major changes. Also, both projects must be aimed at allowing scripting to be made possible. So the TibiaAPI must have a way to allow scripting, scripts either using C# or VB.NET syntax.

Every core feature of TTB should be moved to TibiaAPI, and such.

I'll comment more about it later, because now I'm at work and I can't lose much time here.
    There are a few scripting languages using the C# syntax, one that ame and I have looked at is http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~olegshilo/.

Programmer

Sweet!

Now we just have to figure out packethandling Ian, get on msn later!

.NET has the required stuff so we can implement scripting, we don't need any other stuff. And the scripts can be either in vb .net and c#, like i said.

Hi why don't you guys just do a vb.net to c# converter.

Then you don't have to rebuild all TTB projekt.
    I've the source to TTB and i can do this if you wan't

Chears:icon6:

Basically TTB and TibiaAPI have same kind of classes, so I don't see a point in translating them to C#

You get REP!!! by me.. (In the corner is a button named "Karma")

We'll probably have to write TTB from scratch if we finally decide to implement TibiaAPI. Although if we rewrite TTb from scratch im thinking on making it in C#, just for learning purposes .