Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

Tibia 8.7 Login Packet Structure
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tibia 8.7 Login Packet Structure

Tibia 8.7 Login Packet Structure

Hey guys, fairly new to the TP forums, but I'm a long time OT member and have been apart of TDS for over 3 years, and I've been poking around with programming a client so I thought I would give back since I couldn't find this information anywhere.

In my adventures, I've found and will list the exact packet breakdown for each type as I get them. I know the main game packets have a sticky somewhere, but I have yet to have anyone show exactly all the pieces of the LOGIN packets. So here you go.
    Structure is listed by # of bytes, and a description of those bytes

Tibia 8.7 Login Packet (Sent from Client, first packet sent)
    Code:
    2 Packet Size
    4 Adler Check sum
    -- Creating Adler Check sum starts here
    1 (Listed as 0x1 in some places, OTServ discards it) Packet Type
    2 Operating System (0x2 is windows)
    2 Client Version
    4 Data File Version/Check sum
    4 Spr File Version/Check sum
    4 Pic File Version/Check sum
    -- RSA Encryption Starts Here
    1 0x0 (Empty Byte)
    16 XTEA Key (4 unsigned ints)
    2 Length of Username
    x Username
    2 Length of Password
    x Password
    47 Hardware Information (Can be all 0x0 for OTServ from what I know)
    Tibia 8.7 Character List Packet (First Response from Server if Login Packet succeeds)
    Code:
    2 Packet Length (not including self)
    4 Adler Checksum
    --XTEA Encryption Starts here
    2 XTEA Encryption Length
    1 0x14 - Command - MOTD
    2 Length of MOTD
    x MOTD Num, ends with '\n'
    x MOTD String (Length is motd Length - Length of motd NUM)
    1 0x64 - Command - Character List
    1 Num of chars
    -- This Section repeats for each Character
        2 Length of char name
        x Char name
        2 Length of world name
        x World Name
        4 IP of server that character is on
        2 Port of server that character is on
    -- End repeat of chars
    2 # of premium days on account
    0-7 Filler bytes by XTEA Algorithm, "XTEA Encryption Length" does not count these packets

RE: Tibia 8.7 Login Packet Structure

Good but I fairly remember have seen this somewhere else...

However, I'm afraid of clicking that link in your signature.

Thanks for the information

Link in my signature goes to the TDSE home page which links to our RPG Server and our forums

You forgot the PIC file signature on the login packet

Thanks, I missed copying that over from my notes.

Does anyone happen to know how the 4 bytes for each of those files is calculated? Is it a version number stored in the file, or is it a check sum based on some algorithm (like MD5 or something)?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Quintinon

Does anyone happen to know how the 4 bytes for each of those files is calculated? Is it a version number stored in the file, or is it a check sum based on some algorithm (like MD5 or something)?
    First 4 bytes of each file if I'm not mistaken

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster_89
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintinon

First 4 bytes of each file if I'm not mistaken
    You are correct.

Is anyone aware of what the hardware information actually is? I was under the impression that all bytes following the login information were junk padding bytes.

Save them and look in a HEX editor, is really easy to figure them out