Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

TibiaAPI must be compiled in Visual Studio 2008
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TibiaAPI must be compiled in Visual Studio 2008

Administrator

Arrow TibiaAPI must be compiled in Visual Studio 2008

As of right now, ContextMenu's and a few other things related to the InjectedDLL will NOT work if compiled in Visual Studio 2010. TibiaAPI MUST be compiled in Visual Studio 2008 until a fix is committed.

RE: TibiaAPI must be compiled in Visual Studio 2008

This still the case?

Administrator

As far as I'm aware, yes.

Bugger, I'm on a very bad net connection, so can't download 2008, was hoping to compile it for some testing of the map reader. Any advice you can give on what the issue might have been?

Administrator

Read my first post...
    ContextMenu's and a few other things related to the InjectedDLL will NOT work if compiled in Visual Studio 2010
    As long as you're not hoping to use the InjectedDLL, everything else should work fine if compiled in Visual Studio 2010.

Can you make a tutorial? I really dont know how to compile..

This is just the game plan, if I can do this easily I'll make a tutorial but if it's a pain I dont' know if i'll do that. It's really not that hard once you get use to working with repostorys.

You can find a download for visual studio 2008 by following this link. I hope the express works I am about to try.

But you also need git \ svn to be able to pull the repository aka code.

Once you have the code you should need to load the project and compile / build. There may be issues with the version of .net so adjusted that appropriately... 3.5 right?

once you build you should have some dll files in your projects bin/release directory.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...load-link-dead

Well, Can compile in both 2008 or 2010.

I had so many problem compiling tibiaAPI in Visual Studio Express 2010, So I got 2008 from the download above. I found by loading the project and moving the pre-compiled inject from the downloads page on sourceforge into the projects bin\Release and bin\Debug folders did the trick. After that I tried loading the project up in 2010 and I rebuilt to clean the directories and it broke the project. I added the TibiaApi_Inject.dll back into the project built and it working in Visual Studio Express 2010!.

Quick note if it hasn't been added yet, I'm able to compile under Visual Studio 2013 this is directly from the SVN.

Note: Only I have tried with TibiaAPI and InjectDLL from SVN which is the ones I'm mostly interested on, and not the other projects, Smart Apps, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 0x90 View Post
    Quick note if it hasn't been added yet, I'm able to compile under Visual Studio 2013 this is directly from the SVN.

Note: Only I have tried with TibiaAPI and InjectDLL from SVN which is the ones I'm mostly interested on, and not the other projects, Smart Apps, etc, etc.
    It will have been fixed ages ago mate, TibiaAPI is kinda abandoned now, left to rot. People still use it for OTs and some people even maintain their own "local copy" which in my experience ranges from fully functional and up to date, through to having one or two addresses changed and the rest just being overwritten by a variety of shit.

Good to hear it compiles though, bare in mind some shit might not work fully unless you target the right .NET version, I seem to recall it being updated to .NET 4.0 at some point, not sure if that's just me making it up though.