Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

How can i change the length of tibia skills? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can i change the length of tibia skills?

RE: How can i change the length of tibia skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardowm
    I want to make one client read more than 255 effects, but it only read one byte. Exactly like Kayan Lua said.

Cheers.
    well then this is a question of OT this its mainly based on programing with tibia, instead of programing a client, now i can almost bet that otland or otfans or otsomething has the solution, what your asking here, its a change in the type of data, wich wont work so you can make more items or include your own items, for this kind of matter i sugest you move to ot-websites, theres already everything you will want to ask over there

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardowm
    I want to make one client read more than 255 effects, but it only read one byte. Exactly like Kayan Lua said.

Cheers.
    well then this is a question of OT this its mainly based on programing with tibia, instead of programing a client, now i can almost bet that otland or otfans or otsomething has the solution, what your asking here, its a change in the type of data, wich wont work so you can make more items or include your own items, for this kind of matter i sugest you move to ot-websites, theres already everything you will want to ask over there
    No, this is related to the client and has nothing to do with the server. The Tibia client only reads U8(from MagicEffect packet) while to send more than 255 effects, I need make it read U16. I'm trying to figure out how to do this.

i did'nt search the effects but tibia.dat and spr etc, if thats what you want to read, you wont be able to include without a detection and you should then search a tutorial of tibia.spr they are 2 or 3 on the forum, i belive theres only 255 effects then 118 outfits or something like that if you browse daemons tools and search for the sprite editor, he has it open source, i dont have it atm, but you could look that and just change the values as the first or second reply said

No, you do not understand me. I can add the effects on the client without problem. What I want is to use more than 255 effects on the client. Add it to the dat and spr is easy, but use them isnt.

The MagicEffect packet is a position(U8, U8, U8) and another U8(effect id). To use more then 255 effects I need change the MagicEffect packet structure to: Position(U8, U8, U8) and an U16... But without Tibia source isnt easy do this.

well you said it yourself, it is tibia source, and you wont be able to use any extra effect, i think its pointless, like an outfit changer, your going to be the only1 that see's this effects, the client its used to x amount of effects and x amount of outfits, if you add more or less your going to have problems, because its not your client, i dont think its imposible to do so, but it is pointless, you will have to add more effects, and if your going to do so, i will consider adding effects as a hud in char position thats the way ill do so, then again i got no idea what you want to do with this, or if you think every1 will see how coo you are running with stars or something, thats imposible...

you should describe what you want "to do" in your program, i just dont get it, darkstar and kayan lua gave you a solution for that matter, now you only have to search how to convert it in program lenguage, that can be googled, not like your the first on doing so....

then again i will stop posting i dont understand why your doing this, and it feels pointless to add more effects to "tibia official client" rather than making an ot, you said the magic packet its u8,u8,u8 im not an expert about it but im guessing u16 has the same "u" but the value x2 <_< i got not idea what your doing, maybe if you post a sample of your code, some1 solves the puzzle for u

If it's all about making an OT with a custom client then you have to do 2 things:
    - source edit OT to send U16 for maggic effect;
    - client edit to read U16 for magic effect.

Other than that you'll have to explain thoroughly what you are trying to achieve...

Quote Originally Posted by ufo
    If it's all about making an OT with a custom client then you have to do 2 things:
    - source edit OT to send U16 for maggic effect;
    - client edit to read U16 for magic effect.

Other than that you'll have to explain thoroughly what you are trying to achieve...
    Yes... my question is: How make the client read U16 for magic effect?

http://tpforums.org/forum/thread-10373.html

Thanks, i'ts done:
    Find the function 'parseMagicEffect' (tip: search for switchs first), inside this function you will get something like:
    CALL 004F4E50 (getU8?)
    MOVZX EAX, AL (store 8)

change to:
    CALL 004F4FF0 (getU16?)
    MOVZX EAX, AX (store 16)

(These addresses are 8.54 example, I don't know what's your Tibia version)

Done!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing