Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

Crash report analysis - help needed

Thread: Crash report analysis - help needed

Crash report analysis - help needed

Hi all.
    So I made a prog that hooks PrintText and from time to time (quite random and rarely) there happen to be a debug crash.

I've finally made it to store that debug info, but now I need help understanding it, as I don't know if it's my prog that's causing the debug, or is it server fault.

Additional info:
    Server is an OT for Tibia 8.0

Screenie of the report:

RE: Crash report analysis - help needed

Quote Originally Posted by ufo
    Hi all.
    So I made a prog that hooks PrintText and from time to time (quite random and rarely) there happen to be a debug crash.

I've finally made it to store that debug info, but now I need help understanding it, as I don't know if it's my prog that's causing the debug, or is it server fault.

Additional info:
    Server is an OT for Tibia 8.0

Screenie of the report:
    Do you null the last char?

The text is passed to the function as a string so I assumed it IS null terminated (btw it's coded in Delphi7).
    But that would be weird as it should either work or not at all.
    And it works fine and very rarely debugs.

Thanks for the idea though - will look into that.

What's that last packet thing though ?
    Is it encrypted or decrypted ?
    'cuz I can't understand it at all...

Administrator

The reason for the crash seems to be at the very last line of the debug notes.

Length=14, strlen(Text)=13..

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pallys
    The reason for the crash seems to be at the very last line of the debug notes.

Length=14, strlen(Text)=13..
    Try it:

Text[Length(Text)-1] := #0;

@Dark Pallys
    That's what I don't get at all...
    What's that 14 for ? Length of a packet it should be or what?
    Might be that it's the missing zero char at the end of a string and that's why the length is greater than actual string length...

@megano0body
    I did something similar to this
    [code=delphi]procedure AddUserText(nText:string;nX,nY,nRed,nGreen,nBlue,n :integer; nAlign: integer=alLeft);
    begin
    with UserTextList[n] do begin
    enabled:= true;
    text:= nText + #0; // <<< added the " + #0" here, so it always ends with zero char
    x:= nX;
    y:= nY;
    Red:= nRed;
    Green:= nGreen;
    Blue:= nBlue;
    Align:=nAlign;
    end;
    end;[/code]

But since this is a very rare debug, I'll have to wait for the answer a bit...
    It's been over a week since I debugged before this one, and I play the OT daily :S

But yea... thanks for your help ^.^