Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

Tibia: Data File Structure - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tibia: Data File Structure

Administrator

RE: Tibia: Data File Structure

With the 9.60 client, currently the test server client, CipSoft had to increase the sprite IDs from an unsigned short (2 bytes) to an unsigned integer (4 bytes). If/once I find anymore changes I'll update this post.

Can anyone update this for Tibia 9.81? I wonder what needs to be changed. (I wish I could figure this out on my own!)

I think the only thing you need to edit is this

[code=vb.net]
    For i As Integer = 0 To itemData.NumberOfSprites - 1
    itemData.Sprites(i) = reader.ReadUInt16()
    Next
    [/code]

to this

[code=vb.net]
    For i As Integer = 0 To itemData.NumberOfSprites - 1
    itemData.Sprites(i) = reader.ReadUInt32()
    Next
    [/code]

Tibia 9.81...

Reading it from memory is different than reading from Tibia.dat file, right? I mean, the structures are different.
    While browsing the memory, all I could find was the ItemName (32 bytes) and ItemFlags (8 bytes).

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle
    Tibia 9.81...

Reading it from memory is different than reading from Tibia.dat file, right? I mean, the structures are different.
    While browsing the memory, all I could find was the ItemName (32 bytes) and ItemFlags (8 bytes).
    Correct. And you can check the current TibiaAPI, for 9.71/9.81, to see where I updated the offsets and flags for memory reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3Bingham
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle
    Tibia 9.81...

Correct. And you can check the current TibiaAPI, for 9.71/9.81, to see where I updated the offsets and flags for memory reading.
    Thanks a lot Jo3Bingham.
    Found out here.

With the 9.60 client, currently the test server client, CipSoft had to increase the sprite IDs from an unsigned short (2 bytes) to an unsigned integer (4 bytes). If/once I find anymore changes I'll update this post.
    Can you explain something to me here... I think my brain is failing miserably at a basic concept, but at risk of sounding stupid:

2 bytes (8 bits) can hold an int of up to 255 (128 + 64 + 32 + 16 + 8 + 4 + 2 + 1) 4 bytes, however, can contain an int up to 65535 (calculated same way)... When you say "sprite ID"... You're implying (to my brain) that there were only 255 sprites until 9.60... but surely that's not right? Also, why would they increase it from 255 to 65535? Surely if they survived with 255 whatevers until then, why would they suddenly need 65535? Does the unsigned integer actually support this number? Or is it actually a combination of 2x 2 byte smalls?

I'm pretty new to memory stuff, only done some basic memory reading so far so go easy on me please lol

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheCave
    Can you explain something to me here... I think my brain is failing miserably at a basic concept, but at risk of sounding stupid:

2 bytes (8 bits) can hold an int of up to 255 (128 + 64 + 32 + 16 + 8 + 4 + 2 + 1) 4 bytes, however, can contain an int up to 65535 (calculated same way)... When you say "sprite ID"... You're implying (to my brain) that there were only 255 sprites until 9.60... but surely that's not right? Also, why would they increase it from 255 to 65535? Surely if they survived with 255 whatevers until then, why would they suddenly need 65535? Does the unsigned integer actually support this number? Or is it actually a combination of 2x 2 byte smalls?

I'm pretty new to memory stuff, only done some basic memory reading so far so go easy on me please lol
    1 byte has a max value of 255 (0xFF)
    2 bytes has a max value of 65535 (0xFFFF)
    4 bytes has a max value of 4ish billion (0xFFFFFFFF)

edit: These are unsigned, for signed values simply divide by 2 (i.e. signed byte has min value of -127 and max value of 127)

Administrator

@Blaster_89 I was just typing that and you beat me to it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    Thanks a lot Jo3Bingham.
    Found out here.

Link doesn’t work