Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

OTClient - Amazing Client Project!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OTClient - Amazing Client Project!

Red face OTClient - Amazing Client Project!

Hey all,
    Have you seen the new open sourced project that's got the open tibia community in awe of its epicness? Well here it is:

OTClient - Most bad-ass alternative otserv client!

What is OTClient?
    Otclient is an alternative Tibia client for usage with otserv. It aims to be complete and flexible, for that it uses LUA scripting for all game interface functionality and configurations files with a syntax similar to CSS for the client interface design. Otclient works with a modular system, this means that each functionality is a separated module, giving the possibility to users modify and customize anything easily. Users can also create new mods and extend game interface for their own purposes. Otclient is written in C++2011, the upcoming C++ standard and heavily scripted in lua.

Features
    Beyond of it’s flexibility with scripts, otclient comes with tons of other features that make possible the creation of new client side stuff in otserv that was not possible before. These include, sound system, graphics effects with shaders, particle engines, modules/addons system, animated textures, styleable user interface, transparency, multi language, in game lua terminal, an OpenGL 1.1/2.0 ES engine that make possible to run on mobile platforms like Androi/iPhon/iPad and much more. Otclient is also flexible enough to create tibia tools like map editors just using scripts, because it wasn’t designed to be just a client, instead otclient was designed to be a combination of a framework and tibia APIs.

Developers
    The leader and main developer of otclient is edubart. The other main developer of otclient is baxnie. You can see all the developers of otclient here. The people who contribute to the project will show up here with their progress!

Contributing
    We encourage you to contribute to OTClient! Please check out our website for guidelines about how to proceed. Join us! We are currently needing help in the following areas:
    • Designing new UI themes or improving the current one
    • Translating the client to other languages
    • Documenting lua APIs and creating tutorials
    • Scripting with lua new modules or improving the current ones
    • Porting otclient to other otserv protocols (8.54, 8.7, 9.x, etc)
    • Spreading otclient project over the web and bring it to new possible contributors
    • Testing the client itself to report bugs and missing features in our bug tracker

This project is open to anyone that is interested in contributing! It is an amazing piece of software with an impeccable modular framework. All you need to do is fork the project on git hub, make your edits, commit your edits, and create a pull request of your fork so edubart (project leader) can accept the changes you made. They will be applied to the project with your name as the dev author (you are then a contributor to this project!) Sounds fun! If you can some more information on this you can:

[size=small]Then of course if you like what the open source project is providing, feel free to donate and support more of its fantastic release.[/size]

Super Moderator

RE: OTClient - Amazing Client Project!

Looks really good

I hope this will not be just another dead project, because it is so cool and cute *_* LOL

Administrator

Beautiful. I'll definitely try to keep up with this. Keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster_89
    Looks really good
    It is very good :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Onix1
    I hope this will not be just another dead project, because it is so cool and cute *_* LOL
    Nah its not a project that will die off anytime soon. Especially if we get more contributors creating modules etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3Bingham
    Beautiful. I'll definitely try to keep up with this. Keep us updated!
    Will do, there has been lots of progress lately and the screenshots I provided are a little outdated, but have a look at the latest snapshot to get the latest feel :P The client is uses multiprotocol so you can use it for 8.10 - 9.61 (or custom) server.

What this project is really looking for now is people to help contribute some. The module end is done extremely well using a lua framework for user interface type functionality and the C++ back end takes care of the more cpu demanding side of things.

I loved it, the client runs way smother the cipsoft client Great work!

I hope it gets flexible enough to the point where one could modify this "original client" style. I'm not sure if everyone would appreciate a modern looking UI, but I'd love to see it get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Farsa
    I hope it gets flexible enough to the point where one could modify this "original client" style. I'm not sure if everyone would appreciate a modern looking UI, but I'd love to see it get done.
    It already is flexible enough to do that, you can create your own skins with ease. Take a look at the module systems.

Also why would the 'modern' theme be an issue? It is simply offering people more UI experience that enhances their game-play.

(Note that the screen shots provided there are alittle outdated now, you'll need to login and try it out for yourself to see the most up-to-date I can't be bothered uploading new screens just yet)

I didn't put my thoughts into words correctly ehm..

I meant I'd love to to see someone use your team's gameclient engine, which now looks like Cipsoft's flash client, and change into something more "MMORPGish", like:

Rift- http://www.prlog.org/11405763-rift-trading-at-mmocarts.jpg
    WoW- http://www.morearnings.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/wow-horde-level-59-2.jpg
    Aion- http://img.informer.com/screenshots/2105/2105420_3.jpg

I've always felt like the permanent chat window and non-floating-non-transparent windows(battle, vip, containers etc) are a huge waste of space specially on high widescreen resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Farsa
    I didn't put my thoughts into words correctly ehm..

I meant I'd love to to see someone use your team's gameclient engine, which now looks like Cipsoft's flash client, and change into something more "MMORPGish", like:

Rift- http://www.prlog.org/11405763-rift-trading-at-mmocarts.jpg
    WoW- http://www.morearnings.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/wow-horde-level-59-2.jpg
    Aion- http://img.informer.com/screenshots/2105/2105420_3.jpg

I've always felt like the permanent chat window and non-floating-non-transparent windows(battle, vip, containers etc) are a huge waste of space specially on high widescreen resolutions.
    Ah yes well this is one of the goals of otclient. The thing we need now is people that are willing to contribute and help create these things, this is a community project. So all the help otclient gets will be amazing! Edubart focuses on the back end side of it all, baxnie does both lua and back end core work, I am more with the lua modules side implementing game interface features (but I will do back end core at some point too ). So now we need more people willing to contribute modules, which are easy to learn and easy to create! ;x