Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

Cpu Temp - i5 3470

Thread: Cpu Temp - i5 3470

Cpu Temp - i5 3470

Anyone knows what is the average temp for i5 3470 with the box cooler.
    I've got like 45-50 and I think its too high :P (I am talking about idle not in stres).

Super Moderator

RE: Cpu Temp - i5 3470

Yes, it's quite high.
    When did you last clean the heatsink+fan and change the thermal compound?
    Also, consider cleaning your chassis' fans, assuming you have any.

Actually its brand new motherboard and cpu Thermal compound was already on the fan so I haven't done anything with it. It's clean
    Maybe I should buy some better cooler instead of using the one provided with the cpu but I thought that it will do the job since I am not planning any overclocking.

Super Moderator

You should consider cleaning the heatsink and applying new thermal compound from a 3rd party vendor, as Intel's compound on their boxed coolers is usually not very good.
    Also, make sure you apply the heatsink properly, you don't want any air pockets in your thermal compound.

If you're looking for an aftermarket CPU cooler, I'd recommend the 212+ or 212 Evo (212+'s successor), both from Cooler Master. Should cost 20-30€/USD.