Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

Pixel Reading By Wesker - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pixel Reading By Wesker

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    ¬¬ did u report the image for copyright ¬¬

bs i should see that coming up, so ill include the tutorial i might even type all that shitt

uploading to the forum , back in a few mins
    Nope, I've been watching this thread since you uploaded to imgshack, cause I know they look for scanned images of books, and multiple uploads of similar images, so your images will have looked suspicious. It was just a matter of time until they decided they'd had enough... As I've said before, what you're doing here is illegal. The purpose of this forum is completely legit, as is most if not all of the code here.

Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheCave View Post
    Nope, I've been watching this thread since you uploaded to imgshack, cause I know they look for scanned images of books, and multiple uploads of similar images, so your images will have looked suspicious. It was just a matter of time until they decided they'd had enough... As I've said before, what you're doing here is illegal. The purpose of this forum is completely legit, as is most if not all of the code here.
    Based on the copyright scanning pages of any book is not illegal, re-selling the content without the author's permission its illegal, making a bot it illegal, your reading the costumers memory, you're reading the program memory, you're injecting into the developers code, you're sending packages and reading them, not to mention making a bot is a form of piracy, but then again i live in Mexico changes are ,im not gonna be screwed over anything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyrig...d_fair_dealing

Copyright does not prohibit all copying or replication. In the United States, the fair use doctrine, codified by the Copyright Act of 1976 as 17 U.S.C. Section 107, permits some copying and distribution without permission of the copyright holder or payment to same. The statute does not clearly define fair use, but instead gives four non-exclusive factors to consider in a fair use analysis. Those factors are:
    the purpose and character of your use
    the nature of the copyrighted work
    what amount and proportion of the whole work was taken, and
    the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.[31]

Later acts amended US Copyright law so that for certain purposes making 10 copies or more is construed to be commercial, but there is no general rule permitting such copying. Indeed making one complete copy of a work, or in many cases using a portion of it, for commercial purposes will not be considered fair use. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act prohibits the manufacture, importation, or distribution of devices whose intended use, or only significant commercial use, is to bypass an access or copy control put in place by a copyright owner.[16] An appellate court has held that fair use is not a defense to engaging in such distribution.

+ the book is from the year 2010, which is outdated and therefor since i only made 1 copy and a part 1 of the whole work in the book is not illegal at all, + in Mexico you can make several copies as long as you don't profit from them

Companies take them down because they could hold the entire copy of a book in several users, and then they will be pressed charges or just taken like the megaupload BS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    Based on the copyright scanning pages of any book is not illegal, re-selling the content without the author's permission its illegal, making a bot it illegal, your reading the costumers memory, you're reading the program memory, you're injecting into the developers code, you're sending packages and reading them, not to mention making a bot is a form of piracy, but then again i live in Mexico changes are ,im not gonna be screwed over anything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyrig...d_fair_dealing

Copyright does not prohibit all copying or replication. In the United States, the fair use doctrine, codified by the Copyright Act of 1976 as 17 U.S.C. Section 107, permits some copying and distribution without permission of the copyright holder or payment to same. The statute does not clearly define fair use, but instead gives four non-exclusive factors to consider in a fair use analysis. Those factors are:
    the purpose and character of your use
    the nature of the copyrighted work
    what amount and proportion of the whole work was taken, and
    the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.[31]

Later acts amended US Copyright law so that for certain purposes making 10 copies or more is construed to be commercial, but there is no general rule permitting such copying. Indeed making one complete copy of a work, or in many cases using a portion of it, for commercial purposes will not be considered fair use. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act prohibits the manufacture, importation, or distribution of devices whose intended use, or only significant commercial use, is to bypass an access or copy control put in place by a copyright owner.[16] An appellate court has held that fair use is not a defense to engaging in such distribution.

+ the book is from the year 2010, which is outdated and therefor since i only made 1 copy and a part 1 of the whole work in the book is not illegal at all, + in Mexico you can make several copies as long as you don't profit from them

Companies take them down because they could hold the entire copy of a book in several users, and then they will be pressed charges or just taken like the megaupload BS
    Let me reiterate some of those "laws" and expand upon them:

Indeed making one complete copy of a work, or in many cases using a portion of it, for commercial purposes will not be considered fair use.

the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

These two laws basically state that making a copy of a portion of work for commercial purposes will not be considered fair use, though as stated, the deciding court would consider:

• the purpose and character of your use
    • the nature of the copyrighted work
    • what amount and proportion of the whole work was taken, and
    • the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The purpose and nature is basically to give away free information which would otherwise be paid for.
    The nature of the copyrighted work is a tutorial, and publishing sections of it in such quantities will be considered a minor violation of this.
    The amount and proportion is reasonably large, the exemptions are in place primarily for students who are using quotations from material in their studies, so they do not encounter legal issues.
    The effect upon the potential market is that instead of encouraging people to buy the book, you're encouraging them to read your pirated copy.

What you're doing is illegal, in a quite obvious way. The laws stated on wikipedia are very vague. It will state in either the first few pages or the last few pages of the book that it is against the law to publish copies of the contents of the book without obtaining permission from the publisher, and that is what the court will primarily consider. A lot of material which is designed for reference allows the publishing of some content, for the purpose of advertising and gaining an advantage over customers as they become enticed into a purchase contract. What you're doing is encouraging the opposite.

Consider Amazon when you're talking about this, they publish a few pages from each book they sell, with the intention that readers can find out if the book is what they are looking for. There is a good reason why they publish the pages that they do, that reason being that those pages specify or expose the contents of the book, so that people can see if it contains something which they are looking for (e.g they can see if it is a tutorial, reference, or novel, etc. They can also see if it is about the specific subject which they are researching, and in many cases they will be able to see some information like, in programming, languages used, which sometimes aren't specified on the cover.)

not ilegal kuz like i said the book has bugs, and i will show how to improve and so on, etc bla bla, information that is not relevant adm sinc eim vb.net 2012 but seriusly who gives a shitt lol, even if its illegal i dont care