Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

New computer is now built (AMD 8350)! Pics here!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New computer is now built (AMD 8350)! Pics here!

New computer is now built (AMD 8350)! Pics here!

So I finally built the new computer. It took me a while and I've literally just finished fitting it into the new case, but I think it was worth the investment.

I spent around £300 actually obtaining parts this week, as I already had some of them, here is a rough breakdown of total costs, including what I already had and the approximate price it sells for at the minute:

Case - Vantage Diablo £30
    Processor - AMD 8350 Black Edition (4.2Ghz Turbo'd, 4.0Ghz standard) £150
    Motherboard (Asus M5A97 R2.0) £70
    Graphics Card (Radeon 6450 2Gb) £50
    Power Supply (650 watt cheapo thing) £30
    RAM (2x 4Gb Kingston, 2x 2Gb Hynix, all at 1330 Mhz) £40 + £20
    Firewire Card (Not sure what make, but cheap as chips!) £20
    500Gb HDD (Seagate Barracuda) £30
    320Gb HDD (Western Digital) £20

Total of £460

Here are some pictures from the build process:

CPU as it arrived in the fancy tin:

Fan in its case:

Fan opening the case:

Heatsink from the bottom:

CPU in it's plastic casing:

Old rig in old case:

Old computer:

Old case:
    Last edited by XtrmJash; 02-27-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Case with just PSU and disc drive in it:

New Rig:

Fitted:

Pic from trying to see the front panel pin outs:

The finished product:

Finished product 2:

Finished product 3:

Super Moderator
    No aftermarket cooler? Not sure how the stock cooler for the 8350 is, but the stock cooler for my 965 was horrendously noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster_89 View Post
    No aftermarket cooler? Not sure how the stock cooler for the 8350 is, but the stock cooler for my 965 was horrendously noisy.
    It's not quiet but it's not too bad. I normally wear headphones when using the computer anyway, if not I have music playing. The stock cooler is reasonable for temp, too, it's stayed under 50C so far, and I've throttled it quite a lot :P

sexyy! im planning on buying a desktop pc myself, soon hopefully! haha
    TibiaViewer taking AFK botting to a whole different level Sign up!.

Next upgrade: GFX card, SSD and maybe a super sexy noctua cpu cooler.

Do you even use the firewire card?
    Just asking because I've never had a device myself that requires firewire.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego View Post
    sexyy! im planning on buying a desktop pc myself, soon hopefully! haha
    It's good fun dude, highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Stiju View Post
    Next upgrade: GFX card, SSD and maybe a super sexy noctua cpu cooler.

Do you even use the firewire card?
    Just asking because I've never had a device myself that requires firewire.
    Graphics will be next on my list. I don't care for SSD as we have trialed them at work and they have proven to be unreliable and generally not of a lot of use!

The firewire card has one very good purpose, it's the best way to debug windows (and work around rootkits). Not something I do frequently, but it can be incredibly useful, even more so for performance monitoring.

When did you last try a SSD because they have been improved a lot since the beginning.
    Look for a reliable SSD, like Samsung 830, if you can get one.
    Might be hard to get since they have made a new "better" one, 840, which seems to have a problem with TRIM not working. (Might have been patched)

I use a Corsair Force GT (sandforce) in my main computer and haven't lost any performance yet even though I use it more than a "normal" user, a lot of compiling and so.
    And my mac mini got a Samsung 830 since I couldn't stand the slow 5200rpm HDD it came with.

Anyway thanks for the firewire update, didn't know you could use it for debugging, I'll look into it.