Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

New computer is now built (AMD 8350)! Pics here! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New computer is now built (AMD 8350)! Pics here!

Quote Originally Posted by Stiju View Post
    When did you last try a SSD because they have been improved a lot since the beginning.
    Look for a reliable SSD, like Samsung 830, if you can get one.
    Might be hard to get since they have made a new "better" one, 840, which seems to have a problem with TRIM not working. (Might have been patched)

I use a Corsair Force GT (sandforce) in my main computer and haven't lost any performance yet even though I use it more than a "normal" user, a lot of compiling and so.
    And my mac mini got a Samsung 830 since I couldn't stand the slow 5200rpm HDD it came with.

Anyway thanks for the firewire update, didn't know you could use it for debugging, I'll look into it.
    We're constantly using the latest Intel SSDs, trying to get good stable performance... The problem is if we do constant writes / reads / deletes for about 2 hours the latency doubles after that time, and although at first the read times are about 10% that of a normal disc, they increase (after a further few hours) to around 60%... Obviously still not a complete disaster, but I don't see the point in paying around £10/Gb for an SSD which is only 40% faster than an HDD which might cost me just £0.6/Gb... Not only that but I don't really have the cash at the minute, not after the new CPU and MB, and I don't see myself getting enough cash any time soon (just bought new sofas, computer, guitar, drum kit, and got a service due on the bike, bought a house, tonnes of shit going on). I might see if I can pilfer one of the bad performing ones from work at some point, just to check the boot speeds after that performance change, just to see if it's any real improvement, but not sure yet, need to wait until we work our way through the current batch as we normally send them back to intel for their performance tests.

Those few hours are, of course, under extreme conditions, we're talking about using it as well as reasonably possible, but it's equivalent to about 1 month on a printing rig, or about 6 months on a home computer. You might remember defragmenting your hard discs, too, but this doesn't reset that performance loss unfortunately, it seems the discs reach a state where because they have been used and "worn", they are no longer as powerful as they once were.

Defragmenting isn't really something you should do with a SSD because that will write a lot of data which will make it perform slower.
    Windows 7 and newer will automatically turn off defragmentation for SSDs.

What you should do to restore performance is to make sure TRIM is activated.
    It will clear out old unused data on the SSD and make it as good as new, with a few exceptions.
    E.g. Sandforce based drives won't get back 100% but still good enough.

I don't know much about Intels SSDs but I think they also should recover very well with TRIM, so you should check that at work if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiju View Post
    Defragmenting isn't really something you should do with a SSD because that will write a lot of data which will make it perform slower.
    Windows 7 and newer will automatically turn off defragmentation for SSDs.

What you should do to restore performance is to make sure TRIM is activated.
    It will clear out old unused data on the SSD and make it as good as new, with a few exceptions.
    E.g. Sandforce based drives won't get back 100% but still good enough.

I don't know much about Intels SSDs but I think they also should recover very well with TRIM, so you should check that at work if you haven't already.
    I'll have a word with the guys, my part in the testing is just to write the test scripts which do all the data processing, they provide the SSDs, computer systems and hard coded software to do it, so I'm a bit "out of the loop"... Thanks, will see where it goes :P

it looks gay just like u, puff that power source has so many cables u could hang ur self with them xP

besides that and that it looks gay

i didnt like the case, but everything else it works, didnt read the first post so im guessing it has ddr3 1666 at 4 gb ? gonna check that on th post

1330 ghz fail right there

http://www.pcel.com/hardware/memoria...B1K2_8GX-81851

Kingston HyperX blu DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz), CL9, 8GB (2 x 4GB)

your board = ram: 2133(OC)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz

i would go for the 2133 oc , the problem u got is the same bs i did a long time ago i bought a mother board of 400 usd, and a pentium 3, and rams 1 gb the guy almost cries there so much power wasted, remember that some proccessors come with graphics now, and u wont need a card anymore specially for adm

so u pretty much fucked ur self getting that proccesor intead of a better and cheaper 1

http://www.pcel.com/hardware/procesa...KWOHJBOX-91251

Procesador (APU) AMD A10-5800K Black Edition a 3.8 GHz con Gráficos Radeon HD 7660D, Cache 4MB, Socket FM2, Quad-Core, 100W.

(ur proccesor runs at 4.something right no graphics and ur ram or the ram u bought is a bit old, therefor ur not even using all of that, it really depends of ur windows but if ur running win7 already i and is my preference i would buy a proccesor with graphics)

and if u add a graphic card that shitt will be so op

thats my sight on it, however it works for u is fine, but ur still gay

im going to bought a pc similar to urs LOL, so cheers for that im tired of expensive intel shitt

http://images.pcel.com/ver/?id=4f4d618deed46 <<<< recommended ir ur buying the parts, i love to put alot of shitt in my pc, however i think ill make a costum or buy 1, u can check my fav http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyqV-9oXP7o i doubt i could make 1 and ill probably fuck like 5, and then buy 1 online but ill try it xP

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    text
    You're wrong on all accounts pretty much.
    1333 MHz is fine if you're not using an APU, which he isn't.
    Piledriver > Trinity, there's no contest.
    He already mentioned that he'll upgrade the GPU later, so disregard his current GPU. Also, crossfiring brings a whole world of problems, microstuttering being the most prominent (moreso with lowend GPUs).
    Case is mostly a matter of taste, personally I'd go for a Define R3/R4. The case you recommended looks like shit in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster_89 View Post
    You're wrong on all accounts pretty much.
    1333 MHz is fine if you're not using an APU, which he isn't.
    Piledriver > Trinity, there's no contest.
    He already mentioned that he'll upgrade the GPU later, so disregard his current GPU. Also, crossfiring brings a whole world of problems, microstuttering being the most prominent (moreso with lowend GPUs).
    Case is mostly a matter of taste, personally I'd go for a Define R3/R4. The case you recommended looks like shit in my opinion.
    ur just putting 1 input into the subject :

cost - performance

buying a processor that has no graphics in it, when it runs at 4.2 or so, while the other runs at 3.8 and has graphics in this matter : Radeon HD 7660D

and the diference is about 30-40 usd , so the AMD A10-5800K Black Edition a 3.8 GHz is cheaper and better (again cost-performance)

i dont understand the piledriver thing... so idk

the DDR3 oc 2133 is the best choise for me again performance-cost 3 of those are cheap 24 gb

but well every1 have their preference in pc, on this case i prefer to watercool the shitt out of it, again watercooling is expensive and not really needed if all u do is play tibia, and league of legends LOL, with 4 gb ram and a cheap graphic card ur good to go, theres no need for a good processor a pentium duo is enought, so everything depends of the task, and cost-performance

and xtmljash is gay and im right about that

ur just putting 1 input into the subject :

cost - performance

buying a processor that has no graphics in it, when it runs at 4.2 or so, while the other runs at 3.8 and has graphics in this matter : Radeon HD 7660D

and the diference is about 30-40 usd , so the AMD A10-5800K Black Edition a 3.8 GHz is cheaper and better (again cost-performance)

i dont understand the piledriver thing... so idk

the DDR3 oc 2133 is the best choise for me again performance-cost 3 of those are cheap 24 gb

but well every1 have their preference in pc, on this case i prefer to watercool the shitt out of it, again watercooling is expensive and not really needed if all u do is play tibia, and league of legends LOL, with 4 gb ram and a cheap graphic card ur good to go, theres no need for a good processor a pentium duo is enought, so everything depends of the task, and cost-performance

and xtmljash is gay and im right about that
    I'm starting to think you have absolutely no idea about computers.

A few points for you which hopefully you'll take on board:

1. Onboard graphics do nothing for you. Having onboard graphics is like having a washing machine that doubles up as a dish washer. The fact is, you can wash both dishes and clothes in it, but if you wash dishes they will break due to the spinning, the onboard processor should be left to process raw data, as opposed to graphics, or it will be of poor quality and wasteful.

2. It is becoming more common to see CPUs without built in GPUs, for the above reason. It is pointless to use onboard if you can get something external. The problem caused is that the your screen will lag when you are pushing your PC, just what you don't want, using 1 CPU seperate from your GPU means that your screen will always be controlled externally. The only real downside is that it adds a large demand on your PSU, but that isn't an issue anyway cause PSUs are relatively cheap for high power output.

3. The AMD A10-5800K Black Edition is shit in comparison to the AMD FX 8350 black edition for several reasons. It has slower cores. It has less cores. It uses it's cores for graphics processing unnecessarily. I can only assume by the title that the cache sizes are pretty minute in comparison, too.

4. The difference of 30-40 usd is the difference between having a quad or eight core CPU. I can't see how you see it as worthwhile.

5. The GPU you selected is very bad compared to what is available, I will probably go for something more like The AMD Radeon HD 7970. It's far more powerful, supports more monitors and provides far better graphics than most others at the minute. Of course I won't buy it for a while as it is incredibly expensive, but the price will come down and when I find the money and the moment I will buy one.

6. The case is just a cheap one, to make do for a while. I'm surprised at how well built it is though, hardly any flex in the panels, the lights are all relatively dim, so not annoying at night, and the cooling is amazing, it's kept the CPU temp under 40C, and the box temp similar, too! It's got an extractable component where you would normally find HDD slots, which can either be used for holding extra HDDs, or can be removed to allow for larger graphics cards. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it other than it being a tad tacky, but sitting here looking at it now, it actually looks pretty cool.

7. The RAM speed is rather irrelevant, as I have 4 cards, 2x2Gb, 2x4Gb. These are driven on two SEPERATE BUS controllers, meaning that each can be used at 1330MHz. That means theoretically the RAM can be addressed at 2660MHz. Sure, having 2 at 2k+ would be nice, but seriously, am I gonna go spend that sorta cash on RAM when I could be spending it on a new graphics card? Also, how the fuck am I gonna get the PC to abuse the RAM in such a fashion that it makes use of even half of that speed, let alone all of it.

Piledriver is the latest project by AMD, it's a 32nm technology, and is basically the very top end of AMDs CPUs at the minute. They do a few more powerful ones, but they are for server boards not motherboards, so it would be pointlessly poor at performing.

Also note that I bought the MB to go with the CPU, meaning I intentionally bought a rig which did not have onboard graphics. I possess an external graphics card which works adequately, I have no reason to discard it other than to replace it with something better. The days of merging graphics and data processing are long gone, and it would be seen as ridiculous to B-Y-O and use internal graphics.

bro im from mexico, theres a really relevant cost-performance-shippment going on here i did mention somewhere that just installing win 7 costs 54 usd so.........

i never bought an adm pc, however i do want a processor with radeon, the reason is that i got several graphic cards and thats a power up at least in my eyes, having a radeon and an extra gt force 8600 or gt 600 or anything is a good way to go for macromedia and design software, i might be wrong but it seems for what i read, the processors are comming now with graphics i dont know if thats the most convenient way to go, or if thats the way they will do it, kuz i7 its hightly over priced for HD something

now if your not using alot of the processor, thats my case i need more ram than processors speed since most of the program run smoothly on 3.2 ghz, theres not alot of things to do with 4.2, and beyond, so for me the computers are evolving way faster than the software the requirements for blender are : Requires Windows XP/Vista/7/8

which is basicly if u run windows 7 it runs blender

again having alot of ghz on ur processor is not something u really really need, its about the cost-performance

example :

i2 + ddr2 = i3 256 ram or something
    (stupid example and i really didnt do the math just wild guess so dont bash that bs )

so if you got a 4.2 ghz and ddr3 (2x2Gb, 2x4Gb) <<<<< for me its more money on pieces with less software for it

now if i get a 3.8 ghz ddr3 16 gb it will be faster than 4.2 ghz 2x2Gb, 2x4Gb (it really depends of the tasks ur running for videos graphics and rasterize i need more ram than processor)

now if your going to run visual studio on that pc is enought to have 3.2ghz even a core duo solves it

anyways prices are not cheap in mexico, every1 else can probably get everything they want at a low cost, even if they wont use it

if your using just for programming and tibia, i doubt ull ever use that much power, therefor is a good pc, but ur not using all of that, the same thing happends with watercoolers super cool cases and so on, is shitt most of us dont need, yet it looks aweosome so cheers anyways lol

just a question tho : what are the tasks your going to do on it, or is it just kuz the other pc is slow as fuck or just that u want a new 1
    eigther way is a good pc, for pretty much everything, it wont be the best choise for me kuz u spend 300 euros, and for me that pc is probably 560 euros, so u know that thing is not a good choise for me, and has a horrible performance for that amount of money

also if u could tell me how much is worth the things i mention the processor with rad and the rams ddr3 8gb ill bet those are about 100 euros it will cost me at least 200

bro im from mexico, theres a really relevant cost-performance-shippment going on here i did mention somewhere that just installing win 7 costs 54 usd so.........

i never bought an adm pc, however i do want a processor with radeon, the reason is that i got several graphic cards and thats a power up at least in my eyes, having a radeon and an extra gt force 8600 or gt 600 or anything is a good way to go for macromedia and design software, i might be wrong but it seems for what i read, the processors are comming now with graphics i dont know if thats the most convenient way to go, or if thats the way they will do it, kuz i7 its hightly over priced for HD something

now if your not using alot of the processor, thats my case i need more ram than processors speed since most of the program run smoothly on 3.2 ghz, theres not alot of things to do with 4.2, and beyond, so for me the computers are evolving way faster than the software the requirements for blender are : Requires Windows XP/Vista/7/8

which is basicly if u run windows 7 it runs blender

again having alot of ghz on ur processor is not something u really really need, its about the cost-performance

example :

i2 + ddr2 = i3 256 ram or something
    (stupid example and i really didnt do the math just wild guess so dont bash that bs )

so if you got a 4.2 ghz and ddr3 (2x2Gb, 2x4Gb) <<<<< for me its more money on pieces with less software for it

now if i get a 3.8 ghz ddr3 16 gb it will be faster than 4.2 ghz 2x2Gb, 2x4Gb (it really depends of the tasks ur running for videos graphics and rasterize i need more ram than processor)

now if your going to run visual studio on that pc is enought to have 3.2ghz even a core duo solves it

anyways prices are not cheap in mexico, every1 else can probably get everything they want at a low cost, even if they wont use it

if your using just for programming and tibia, i doubt ull ever use that much power, therefor is a good pc, but ur not using all of that, the same thing happends with watercoolers super cool cases and so on, is shitt most of us dont need, yet it looks aweosome so cheers anyways lol

just a question tho : what are the tasks your going to do on it, or is it just kuz the other pc is slow as fuck or just that u want a new 1
    eigther way is a good pc, for pretty much everything, it wont be the best choise for me kuz u spend 300 euros, and for me that pc is probably 560 euros, so u know that thing is not a good choise for me, and has a horrible performance for that amount of money

also if u could tell me how much is worth the things i mention the processor with rad and the rams ddr3 8gb ill bet those are about 100 euros it will cost me at least 200
    The processes I'm running normally look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by XtrmJash
    google chrome with 10~ tabs minmum, VS running constantly, building every 10 minutes, 2 clients botting, plus 2 copies of ibot on each - which I suspect isn't exactly delicate on resources, along side MSN, Skype, microsoft excel, word, and outlook, winamp, teamviewer, bittorrent, usually some PDF documents in adobe reader, usually some images in paint, constantly several tabs in ST2, often all of this with a screen recorder
    At the minute my CPU doesn't frequently rise above 50% usage, but I do have fun trying. If you're looking for something which will be cheaper check out the AMD Bulldozer 4 / 6 / 8 cores, they can be picked up for around half the price of the 8350, and you'd be looking at an 8150 or so for that sort of money. I'm not sure if it's designed for graphics processing, but trying to run Blender without a graphics card will just eat your CPU. It's worth having a graphics card for anything from Tibia to Blender, through WoW and Minecraft, it drastically improves graphics quality and render times!

I'll spec a PC up at the weekend if you can find me a site like Amazon or something which sells all the shit, it's half the price to go with AMD, and you will appreciate the increased bang:buck ratio. My RAM choice was purely because I already had 4Gb RAM, swapped it for 8Gb in my old machine, and new machine had 4 slots instead of 2... I just had the RAM lying around so why not use it?

Quote Originally Posted by XtrmJash View Post
    The processes I'm running normally look like this:

At the minute my CPU doesn't frequently rise above 50% usage, but I do have fun trying. If you're looking for something which will be cheaper check out the AMD Bulldozer 4 / 6 / 8 cores, they can be picked up for around half the price of the 8350, and you'd be looking at an 8150 or so for that sort of money. I'm not sure if it's designed for graphics processing, but trying to run Blender without a graphics card will just eat your CPU. It's worth having a graphics card for anything from Tibia to Blender, through WoW and Minecraft, it drastically improves graphics quality and render times!

I'll spec a PC up at the weekend if you can find me a site like Amazon or something which sells all the shit, it's half the price to go with AMD, and you will appreciate the increased bang:buck ratio. My RAM choice was purely because I already had 4Gb RAM, swapped it for 8Gb in my old machine, and new machine had 4 slots instead of 2... I just had the RAM lying around so why not use it?
    D:

well i could ask you to spec me a pc, problem is most of the new or "cheap" pieces are not on mexico or are delivered on shippments, i orderer a book from the u.s it took a month and a half to get here @_@ imagine if i ask a bunch of pieces lol

however recomend me a good adm pc, i had this in mind :

http://www.pcel.com/hardware/tarjeta...A55M-DS2-87945
    http://www.pcel.com/almacenamiento/m...3D3N9_4G-73903
    http://www.pcel.com/hardware/procesa...0OJGXBOX-78929
    http://www.pcel.com/hardware/discos-...WD1OEARS-77511

price /10 = dolars (well almost but its a very smooth operation)

now i agree with u about the rendering and rasteriza, adding the card will help but i got like 6 graphic cards and the best of those is the 6000 series gt, so the question is how is the performance of this processors with graphics included, its interesting for me, because they are expensive, and it seems to be a trend, i rather have a processor that runs at 10ghz and 16 cores (which i believe it doesnt exist), and it seems intel is going for hd and graphics, so what are the real advantages of having them if the use is not that hight, also it says it has 3MB cache, and before that happend lets say pentium running at 3.2 cost 40 usd, and pentium running at 3.4 cost 70, to me that kind of money for just 2 ghz its insane, however if u say that i should rather go for a 4.2 well ill go for it is my first adm and at the moment they are very cheap in mexico (if u compare those intel bastards i7 is 670 usd here)

well just send me a link with a good adm pc, ill check that asap (good doesnt ment the most expensives pieces <_< )