Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

New computer is now built (AMD 8350)! Pics here! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New computer is now built (AMD 8350)! Pics here!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    D:

well i could ask you to spec me a pc, problem is most of the new or "cheap" pieces are not on mexico or are delivered on shippments, i orderer a book from the u.s it took a month and a half to get here @_@ imagine if i ask a bunch of pieces lol

however recomend me a good adm pc, i had this in mind :

http://www.pcel.com/hardware/tarjeta...A55M-DS2-87945
    http://www.pcel.com/almacenamiento/m...3D3N9_4G-73903
    http://www.pcel.com/hardware/procesa...0OJGXBOX-78929
    http://www.pcel.com/hardware/discos-...WD1OEARS-77511

price /10 = dolars (well almost but its a very smooth operation)

now i agree with u about the rendering and rasteriza, adding the card will help but i got like 6 graphic cards and the best of those is the 6000 series gt, so the question is how is the performance of this processors with graphics included, its interesting for me, because they are expensive, and it seems to be a trend, i rather have a processor that runs at 10ghz and 16 cores (which i believe it doesnt exist), and it seems intel is going for hd and graphics, so what are the real advantages of having them if the use is not that hight, also it says it has 3MB cache, and before that happend lets say pentium running at 3.2 cost 40 usd, and pentium running at 3.4 cost 70, to me that kind of money for just 2 ghz its insane, however if u say that i should rather go for a 4.2 well ill go for it is my first adm and at the moment they are very cheap in mexico (if u compare those intel bastards i7 is 670 usd here)

well just send me a link with a good adm pc, ill check that asap (good doesnt ment the most expensives pieces <_< )
    Something like this setup would be good. It's got an AM3+ socket, so useful for if you want to upgade in the future, I think it has 4 RAM slots (again, so you can upgrade as and when), and you can build upon it as you please as it already has onboard graphics, all you'll need is a PSU, case, and HDD.

The best way to look at it is where will you be in 2 years time... Probably in a similar situation (wanting a new PC), and not wanting to spend a fortune on the latest tech. Well, in 2 years AMD will probably change their socket type once more, and if they do then the AM3+ CPUs will drop in price pretty fast due to the amount of them available and the lack of interest. On top of that it's always best to look for an MB which has 4 RAM slots at a higher speed than you intend to use, that way if your speed gets made redundant you are all good, and in the more likely event that you wanna update your PC with more RAM, you can just buy an extra couple of sticks and bobs your uncle.

That's pretty much what I did when I bought my last PC, I bought it for £250 or so at Tesco, and it had everything I needed at the time and was cheap (as I was pretty poor back then), then as I got more money I bought upgrades, and now I've basically just finished off the "upgrades" with a new case, CPU, MB. I intentionally bought an AMD so was sure I would be able to upgrade to another AMD if I wanted to, and I intentionally chose one with a 350W PSU, so I would be forced to buy a new one for the graphics card. There is nothing more frustrating than having to buy a PSU as a component when it offers no benefit itself, other than the ability to add other beneficial components, and I knew I'd need more power for the first thing I'd buy, the GPU...

k i surf all the shops on my city no1 offers a combo processor+board , and the ones that do are delayed such as 2.4ghz <_< who want that shitt anymore :/

combo motherboard proccessors available but duo not anything better

To anyone who is interested I'm running some trials on a 24 core computer (it's a server board with 2x Intel i7 hex core HT CPUs in, but with a shiny graphics card and windows 7 enterprise). I'll try get some pics of the system and some statistics from our tests... It looks a fucking beast, 16 RAM slots, 8 PCI-e slots, and a fuckton of cooling and shit. Problem is we only fitted it with 1x120Gb SSD (for the sake of keeping shit simple)...

What's the purpose of doing that ?
    Testing the performance of it... The actual intention is to reduce the amount of computers used in the printers which our customers manufacture (at work, ofc), so we're gonna be basically using a server like a normal computer and checking how it performs for graphics processing...

mmm i have my doubts about that working but hey, go for it and post results

mmm i have my doubts about that working but hey, go for it and post results
    Why shouldn't it? We can dynamically allocate resources from each of the processors to an individual thread, and we run a lot of threads. We have 24 cores, 12 of which are virtual so can't handle all ops, each CPU has 8 RAM cards which we can also control quite thoroughly, I'm not sure about interchangeability between where we're storing shit, but if we can reduce the computers from 3 to 2 it's progress, since it means less machining required and shorter assembly time... On top of that having a better machine could mean we could add more print heads, as we have more USB ports to drive them (1 USB port = 8 print heads = 20cm (ish) of print in 4 colours). It's gonna be amazing if it works as we want it to!

Also it's not so much graphics processing as processing images, e.g we're not looking to communicate with a display driver, but with a USB device which sends data to a printhead... I guess I kinda lied when I said that we'll be doing graphics processing, though we will be processing images in excess of 100Gb for the purpose of performance tests, and we'll be looking to take a .tif file and convert it to a .gri file, which is a printable image basically which our software can process more efficiently than a tif, meaning once the image is rendered from tif to gri, it requires less data transfer over USB to get the data to the printhead (or something of that nature).
    Last edited by XtrmJash; 03-20-2013 at 08:15 PM.

that last post just erased the hole idea i had for the project at the start LOL, i thought u where in like a design company rendering 3d models in a massive scale, well keep it posted anyways

So I'm raping my CPU at the minute...