Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

Problem in screen resolution in Tibia 7.6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem in screen resolution in Tibia 7.6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    u gotta be kidding me, its all about the internet speed, doesnt mater if u have or not a virtual machine, and even if you got 1, its just stupid to run a game in a virtual machine, so your telling me that league of legends runs better on a virtual machine ?

for the love of RA

its the internet, doesnt matter if you got the dx9, dx5, dx12, or opengl if you're provider is a piece of shitt you're not going to get more than 50 fps

the only thing that may work and give you higher fps is a proxy server, and even that relies on your internet speed........

dont play games in a 56kb modem they are outdated.

you know what fuck it, in wonderland everything is posible heres how jash doubles hes internet speed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG5cEik2ABY

windows reserves 20% of the bandwith if you search the gpedit and go to the Qos you can set it to 0, and thats should make a real difference between fps not all the shitt people talks here.

fuck it every1 double internet speed
    Ok so I'm gonna assume you're not joking and hopefully educate you a little.

Your internet speed can be measured in two ways. One of those ways is latency, the other is file transfer speed. Latency is the amount of time a packet takes between leaving your machine, and arriving at a server (and usually the time it takes to return, as well). It is measured in milliseconds. Transfer speed is the amount of data you can transfer to or from (upload or download, respectively) your machine from or to a server. Let's explore how Tibia works for a minute.

The tibia client uses a graphics engine. That graphics engine generates images and prints them to the screen. The graphics engine generates this data as fast as requested to (IE at for instance, 30 fps), but if it cannot achieve the requested speed, it will slow down. For this case, you can consider the graphics engine to be simply a GUI, displaying things as it is told to do so. The graphics engine generally will handle all rendering, and each "action" (for instance printing text to the screen) is done by the graphics processing threads in Tibia in one go.

Now, behind the GUI in most (if not all) applications, you will find some code which the end user will never really know at all. I mean, they might know roughly what it does, but they will not know exactly how it does it (not without reverse engineering it. That code generally handles all the workload of everything non-GUI in the program. In this instance, it will be work like calculating numbers to display on the screen (e.g using a formula to calculate your current level, by working with an experience to level formula), and TCP communications.

What we're wanting to look at is TCP communications. TCP is basically a standardised system for sending data over the internet. You send and receive data in a certain format, to keep it standardised. This data will contain entire commands, such as what we could pseudo into something like UpdateHealth(200), to update your health to 200. Once the TCP client (Tibia) has received this data, it will issue a command to the GUI to update the health bar and battle list entry for HPPC.

So basically what I'm saying is this, you will receive a general packet with a command, that command will be processed by a back end TCP client, and it will call some function in the GUI to make changes to what the player sees. The link between FPS and connection speeds is rather non-existent. The work done by the GUI is issued in one go (ie the client sends a walk right packet, server receives it, server returns a packet to accept that client has walked right, and client acts upon it by moving the character one square to the right). So that means that the client receives one packet only, per issued command? Well, what if you were to only send / receive that 1 packet? The client would continue about processing that command until it is completed. That means that once the command is issued to move your character X pixels to the right, it is processed fully regardless of other TCP commands.

What you're implying is that each frame is only processed when a new packet is received. That's simply not true. If CIP were to send out a packet for each pixel a character / creature moved, it would be at least 100x harder on their network and servers to process the data. It's very common in MMORPGs to get away with as much work being done on a customers machine as possible, because at the end of the day only so much can be done there. For instance, you can't handle the entire event which is raised when a creature is killed on a players machine. The main reason being of course it would then be entirely possible to simply inject into the client, run the code every 100 milliseconds to kill a demon or hellgorak or whatever, and take all the experience from it (potentially also duplicating items and moving walls, as it used to be in Tibia v6.1~).

I didn't finish this post due to RL.

what im aiming for is that, without internet your fps wont carry, ofcourse you can set your fps to 60 billions, if your internet is shit, your still going to recieve the same image for whatever time takes

what im trying to say is that this particular event is a chain

fps - banwidth - gpu

the most important part of online games is the bandwidth, yup i think that was what i was iaming for.

--------------------
    offline games

you dont need a pc for that, theres a hole world build for them, its called console's

-------------------

digging into it, it seems that your fps are limited by alot of things on of them been your own monitor, my monitor runs at 60mhz which is limited to 130 fps according to some page i just read, so my refreshing speed is about 130 fps per second

to take into consideration :

bandwidht upload/download
    monitor ghz
    program restricted fps
    gpu
    ram
    temperature

it seems that to get a really good idea of what fps problem you got you have to test everything in your pc, and even then what reflects most of the fps is the charge, so if your liking electric power, with a lawsy power source, and you got a lawsy motherboard that leaks ram and power, just like my gigabyte that leaks about 1.2 mb of memory your fucked

- i still think that internet speed (bandwidth) has the fault of everything most of the time, i dont have that fancy optic cable yet, but im sure the provider has a huge leak and errors, im supose to be getting 3mb, and i always end up with 800kb

what im aiming for is that, without internet your fps wont carry, ofcourse you can set your fps to 60 billions, if your internet is shit, your still going to recieve the same image for whatever time takes

what im trying to say is that this particular event is a chain

fps - banwidth - gpu

the most important part of online games is the bandwidth, yup i think that was what i was iaming for.

--------------------
    offline games

you dont need a pc for that, theres a hole world build for them, its called console's

-------------------

digging into it, it seems that your fps are limited by alot of things on of them been your own monitor, my monitor runs at 60mhz which is limited to 130 fps according to some page i just read, so my refreshing speed is about 130 fps per second

to take into consideration :

bandwidht upload/download
    monitor ghz
    program restricted fps
    gpu
    ram
    temperature

it seems that to get a really good idea of what fps problem you got you have to test everything in your pc, and even then what reflects most of the fps is the charge, so if your liking electric power, with a lawsy power source, and you got a lawsy motherboard that leaks ram and power, just like my gigabyte that leaks about 1.2 mb of memory your fucked

- i still think that internet speed (bandwidth) has the fault of everything most of the time, i dont have that fancy optic cable yet, but im sure the provider has a huge leak and errors, im supose to be getting 3mb, and i always end up with 800kb
    The tl;dr for this post is: You're wrong, Wesker.

The long unreadable version is this:

I used to play Tibia on a very shit PC, can't remember exactly but pretty sure I used a 128k modem. That was back in 2000, admittedly, but Tibia never really lagged because of the internet connection I had. We're now looking at a game which was designed in the days when 128k was actually pretty fucking quick. You'll find it very difficult to get an internet connection less than 0.5MB/s download speed, and even more difficult to find one under 256k. I still believe in todays world that 256k would not be too restrictive, and I highly doubt OP has a connection of less than that. For those reasons primarily, your argument is invalid. The real question, however, remains at how to increase FPS. FPS is the amount of frames displayed on your screen per second. The amount of frames displayed per second is not restricted by your internet connection, as defined in a previous post. Even if your frames are not changing because of your internet connection, your FPS will remain at whatever level you set it to (or whatever your hardware can achieve) simply because your graphics engine is still re-rendering at that rate in spite of nothing changing. If anything, having a shitty internet connection (thus nothing moving on the screen) will improve your FPS, because the render engine doesn't actually need to do anything new (any well designed graphics processor will blanket draw images where possible, to save power and GPU usage, if a blanket drawing is available to a render engine which is identical to a previous frame, it will need to do virtually no work, just return the same image).

What you're saying is simply not true.

i got that yesterday ?

still what would a virtual machine improve your fps ? every1 says is the gpu, then some say its limited by hz on your monitor, some others say that shitty games run at 25 fps (mostly at gaming forums)

so as far as i got that narrow, 24 fps should be fine on any game, however the latency (ping-ms) its mostly what makes you walk like a 2 year old on crack, wonder if any1 has an answer thats complete ?

while we are at it, you might as well kill the myth ....

if the answer is the hardware well, you cant realy do anything about it, and if its the monitor well 120 hz, however i think they dont sell those on mexico, didnt look at much at it, and my download speed drops to .1mb

i got that yesterday ?

still what would a virtual machine improve your fps ? every1 says is the gpu, then some say its limited by hz on your monitor, some others say that shitty games run at 25 fps (mostly at gaming forums)

so as far as i got that narrow, 24 fps should be fine on any game, however the latency (ping-ms) its mostly what makes you walk like a 2 year old on crack, wonder if any1 has an answer thats complete ?

while we are at it, you might as well kill the myth ....

if the answer is the hardware well, you cant realy do anything about it, and if its the monitor well 120 hz, however i think they dont sell those on mexico, didnt look at much at it, and my download speed drops to .1mb
    I highly doubt your monitor runs at 120Hz. In fact, most monitors run at 50 or 60. Also, earlier you mentioned something about your monitor being in MHz, not Hz, what the fuck was that about? Most screens nowadays run at 50/60Hz because that's the limit of the human eye at its very best.

A virtual machine would improve FPS because it doesn't have the correct drivers installed. The lack of drivers means the VM can't run DX9, in turn meaning that Tibia is forced to use OGL or DX5. DX5 doesn't support advanced graphics effects (smooth lighting, primarily), so the graphics engine uses a more resourceful engine, and outputs worse quality graphics. It's common knowledge that reducing the graphics quality increases the FPS. Bad internet simply leads to steplag, which isn't what the guy is complaining of.

so as far as i got that narrow, 24 fps should be fine on any game
    Nope that's wrong. Film is typically done at 24 FPS and has worked well enough for this due to motion blur making the motion smoother. Games however don't have any inherent motion blur applied to them which makes for more stutter in the motion, this will especially be true for high or fast motion scenes. So for this motion to be smoother higher FPS is needed which is dependent upon various factors such as the specific motion happening, monitor refresh rate and how an individual sees and interpret the frames. The general consensus though is 30 FPS (which console games normally run at) is a bare minimum and while 60+ FPS is preferable ideally linked with your refresh rate, though higher may be appear smoother depending on your system setup.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrmJash View Post
    I highly doubt your monitor runs at 120Hz. In fact, most monitors run at 50 or 60. Also, earlier you mentioned something about your monitor being in MHz, not Hz, what the fuck was that about? Most screens nowadays run at 50/60Hz because that's the limit of the human eye at its very best.
    While most LCDs are at 60 Hz there are now 120 Hz LCDs, which is used in 3D and has been used in TVs for a long time since it's very easy to perform frame duplication/interpolation with 24 FPS content, which are becoming more common. It also wasn't uncommon for higher end CRT monitors to go up to 100 Hz depending upon resolution, 72/85 Hz were especially common rates. But yeah these days most people would be running 60 Hz LCDs, only a few in comparison would be using older CRTs (I still am, best monitor I've ever used that has lasted me like 7-8 years (if not more) without issue) or the newer 120 Hz LCD monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrmJash View Post
    A virtual machine would improve FPS because it doesn't have the correct drivers installed. The lack of drivers means the VM can't run DX9, in turn meaning that Tibia is forced to use OGL or DX5. DX5 doesn't support advanced graphics effects (smooth lighting, primarily), so the graphics engine uses a more resourceful engine, and outputs worse quality graphics. It's common knowledge that reducing the graphics quality increases the FPS. Bad internet simply leads to steplag, which isn't what the guy is complaining of.
    With correct hardware accelerated drivers, proper DirectX installation and a decent GPU DX9 will blow DX5 out of the water. The biggest issue with VM is the hardware accelerated drivers but a few do have them, VMWare Workstation has 3D hardware acceleration supporting DX 9.0c and OGL 2.1 with support for Shader Model 3 (I know some have multi-boxed League of Legends with this VM), and VirtualBox has "experimental" 3D hardware acceleration for DX8/9 and OGL (I've never gotten either of this working with VirtualBox though). No idea whether either VM will accelerate DX5 which is what the 7.6 only used, cgn's VM certainly doesn't seem to do so which results in light effects being disabled and pixelated scaling.

@cgn - Your VM problem appears to be no hardware acceleration is being done for DX5 leading to no light effects and pixelated scaling, I don't know if you can solve this with your current VM software or any VM software. On Windows Vista the only thing I can suggest is to download and install the DirectX 9 runtime from Microsoft's site, hopefully this will fix up DX5 support enough to get higher FPS in Vista although you may still lack the light effects (they don't work for me on Windows 7 with DX5 clients) but you can get around that with an edited Tibia.pic file to remove the light masks.
    Last edited by Sketchy; 04-17-2013 at 03:15 PM.

great info.

<the last quote is jash not me xP>

and i dont have a 120hz monitor, i said that if that was the issue, you could get a 120hz monitor, anyways thanks for the info .

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    While most LCDs are at 60 Hz there are now 120 Hz LCDs, which is used in 3D and has been used in TVs for a long time since it's very easy to perform frame duplication/interpolation with 24 FPS content, which are becoming more common. It also wasn't uncommon for higher end CRT monitors to go up to 100 Hz depending upon resolution, 72/85 Hz were especially common rates. But yeah these days most people would be running 60 Hz LCDs, only a few in comparison would be using older CRTs (I still am, best monitor I've ever used that has lasted me like 7-8 years (if not more) without issue) or the newer 120 Hz LCD monitors.
    Knowing Wesker & judging by OPs graphics performance, I still doubt either of them posses a 120Hz monitor. I'm aware of their existence, but I'm also aware that typically they are only available in 24"+, and they normally cost around twice as much as the 60Hz equivalent, plus they are more aimed at the 3D markets, hence doubling the render speed to produce two layers of image which can be manipulated in various ways to get a 3D output (either sync'd inline or sync'd and offset, depending on the 3D mode).

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    With correct hardware accelerated drivers, proper DirectX installation and a decent GPU DX9 will blow DX5 out of the water. The biggest issue with VM is the hardware accelerated drivers but a few do have them, VMWare Workstation has 3D hardware acceleration supporting DX 9.0c and OGL 2.1 with support for Shader Model 3 (I know some have multi-boxed League of Legends with this VM), and VirtualBox has "experimental" 3D hardware acceleration for DX8/9 and OGL (I've never gotten either of this working with VirtualBox though). No idea whether either VM will accelerate DX5 which is what the 7.6 only used, cgn's VM certainly doesn't seem to do so which results in light effects being disabled and pixelated scaling.
    Exactly, almost. DX9 produces higher quality graphics than DX5, granted, but DX5 with a machine designed to run DX5, and a 2D game which was also designed to run DX5 will obviously out-perform a DX9 engine running the same setup, if nothing else then because the hardware and software were designed to work together. Admittedly, Tibia has taken a more adventurous route lately with their graphics processing, but with the advanced graphics disabled I think the majority of stuff in the game which actually makes use of the performance in DX9 is disabled, too.

Best Product Website

Please try Google before asking about Cool Product Info 2289ded

Excellent Product Website

Please try Google before asking about Recommended Product Tips e1c48f6