Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

Video Board / card - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video Board / card

Evga have been around for a long time now, at least in sweden. My friend is a evga freak he buys everything with them. Evga claims to help with overclocking 24/7( at least did).

When I am going to buy graphic card I first check what gpu chipset that score the best for my budget. And when it comes to brand, I really don't think it matters. Yeah I know evga is usually great for overclocking, but if you are going to be overclocking you should buy new fans anyway.

But my tip is to don't buy a grafic card with less than 2gb of memory.

Here is a good test to see what chipset that preforms bests: http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/g...tx670_review/7

nivida 670 seems to preform really great.

nvidia 670 vs amd 7770 http://www.hwcompare.com/12504/gefor...adeon-hd-7770/

I ony have 1b of grafic mem, I don't get bf3 to run great on high settings. Even if I would run cf I still would have problem in bf3.
    Last edited by klusbert; 04-22-2013 at 01:40 AM.
    How to find battlelist address --> http://tpforums.org/forum/thread-8146.html
    Updating addresses --> http://tpforums.org/forum/thread-8625.html
    DataReader --> http://tpforums.org/forum/thread-10387.html

Personally I'd go with a Radeon or Sapphire GPU, being an AMD fanboy. I don't see any reason to waste cash going for the more expensive NVidia cards... I've not used an EVGA card since my father modded my old "Tiny" computer, running windows 95. I can't really say if they are good or bad now. Look at what you need, and find a product to suit it. You're probably after more memory than GPU frequency, since if you do a lot of 3D rendering it will need to recycle memory mid flow if you don't have enough, and it will make a much better difference if you have an extra 2GB of RAM over 200MHz of GPU freq.

im probably going to OC it. im already thinking about buying 2 processors i bet i fucked the ivy bridge, however the ram im going to buy hyperX from kingston, the way i buy my pieces is based on the reviews and problems, some motherboards leak memory, some others accept a certain brand, and some others are just a pain in the ass to work with, but klusbert is right whatever gpu or processor i get i need to install the water cooler and that can fuck alot of whatever i buy.

right now im aiming at :

3rd gen processor (i believe this is the ivy and not sandy, i still have to fix the thermol paste)
    power : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&sku=T925-2060
    case : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&sku=N500-1146
    tv tunner : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...1&sku=O38-2556
    mostly for fun
    SDD : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=S153-0122

now the problem comes with the products i cant see.
    because if i do that setup, and OC it, i need to know if the ram/cooler/board wont be any problem, some rams are almost attach to the processor space, and that will fuck my OC

to be honest i dont care if its ADM or Intel, but i heard thats some reasources that are useless on ADM, i want to buy the best pc available with a budget of 2000 usd, i could spend a bit more houndreds in it, so if you guys have some experience in OC, like klustbert friend does, and you can recomend me what to buy in that site, ill appreciate it.

i cant see most of those pieces in mexico, so im in a blank spot, i cant compare what ram whould or not fit and if ill have problems setting that up...
    (i dont care about the brand as long as i can render the most efficient way with that budget or overlocking it)

i think that mainly im concern about the size and if they will fit or not on what i want to build, and gpu zotac GTX680 SLI looks nice, gonna check that up and the 2 u recomended

worst part is, i have to wait a month for the shipment <_<, well at least is UPs :/

nowdays nvidia and amd performs about the same for same money. it's foolish to say that nvidia is more expensive than amd. just my opinion.

@wesker
    my friend is retarded he buys the best shit and new coolers but he don't overclock.

my friend also have a h100 cooler from corsair ( I think the name is right) but I must say it don't preform that good, he runs a 2600k stock speed is 3.4 but he run it at 3.8 with temperatures about 60 Celsius
    Last edited by klusbert; 04-22-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Super Moderator
    Wesker, that PSU is not suitable for what you want to buy. A 650W PSU with at least 80+ bronze should suffice, although odds are you will need more if you're going with several graphics cards.
    Which graphics card brand you pick won't matter much, unless you want several graphics cards, in which Nvidia tends to perform better.
    Also, AMD GPUs are better at crunching numbers, i.e. mining bitcoins.
    If you want to overclock, remember to get a K processor if Intel (i.e. 3570K), or FX processor if AMD (i.e. 8350). You will also need aftermarket cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by klusbert View Post
    nowdays nvidia and amd performs about the same for same money. it's foolish to say that nvidia is more expensive than amd. just my opinion.

@wesker
    my friend is retarded he buys the best shit and new coolers but he don't overclock.
    i think you refer to adm and intel.

why he doesnt overlock <_< , dont tell me he has water cooling and a monster mobo and he doesnt OC <_<, if i could Oc this laptop i whould LOL

i just hope your friend doesnt buy all that great shit to play tibia xP

----------
    ill check that blaster and yeah all the processors that are i+ can be overlocked, im going or aiming at the i7 3rd gen, 1115 socket or so, but im not so sure about what motherboard should i get and ram that suits that, if you guys got a website of motherboards compared with x type of ram, please post it

edit i search the psu : power source yeah the 1 im buying can go up to 700w or so, didnt decide yet until i get the rest of the pc, im missing the important parts <_<

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=52672

OMG <_< mother of god

@Klusbert - The performance difference regarding clock speeds and data processing are pretty similar, but if you consider a few other things you'll see the clear cut difference between AMD and Intel in the field. One difference, for instance, is that the NVidia GTX650 only supports 2 monitors, whereas the equivalent Sapphire HD7750 supports 3 monitors for around the same price tag. It's the same across the board, the Intel GPUs are more limiting and restrictive than the AMD equiv. I also find the Intel software much harder to work with, and quite restrictive once more with the monitor frequencies and resolutions, in comparison to the AMD & Catalyst software. Note that it may not be advertised like that, but I've ran a GTX650 for about 2 weeks before switching to the HD7750, because the GTX650 didn't support 3 monitors, and I knew the HD7750 supported 3 in spite of it advertising only supporting 2. Also the GTX650 wouldn't allow me to run 3 monitors at 60Hz & 1920x1080, it would restrict me to 50Hz with just 2 monitors at that resolution, or it would allow both at 1600x900 at 60Hz. Not entirely sure why, but that's the limit I found within the Intel software.

@Wesker - OC isn't everything to most people. In fact, most people would rather just not OC for the reason that it voids warranties and creates an unstable system. If I were in your position (unable to take delivery of new components with anything less than a 1 month lead time), I certainly wouldn't overclock. The fact is, if your CPU blows, you're fucked. You gotta wait a month for a new one, and it's gonna cost you your first born child to but the damned thing. There is absolutely no guarantee that if you OC and provide the correct cooling, your CPU won't overheat and blow, or that it won't burn a big shiny hole in your motherboard.

Regarding making sure things fit together, just check your CPU socket (Intel probably 1115, AMD probably AM3+), and make sure your motherboard has that socket type. Then look at the motherboards RAM, it should say the clock speeds, and it will most likely be DDR3 (if it isn't DDR3, find a new MB). Make sure your RAM is suitable for that clock speed and be careful when choosing your cooler, there is not really a lot you can do about this but there are some aftermarket cooling systems out there which might block your RAM slots on the motherboard, so just look at the motherboard and see if you can measure the gap between the CPU and RAM slots, just to make sure it will fit into place OK.

Actually AMD have for a long time had the advantage in offering better performance for less cost, for example the AMD Radeon 7870 Ghz was selling around the same price as the slower NV GTX 660. It wasn't until recently in this month that Nvidia struck back in the low-mid range markets by dropping the price on the GTX 650 Ti & 660 models to lower than their similar AMD performers (7790 and 7870 Ghz) and introduced a new GTX 650 Ti Boost model in between these. AMD though are still cheaper in the higher end market with 7970s being found for $50-60 less than the similar performing GTX 680 (I believe 7970 usually edges it out). And while NV may have dropped their prices this doesn't necessarily mean all the distributors have too so depending on the store options you have available you may still find AMD cheaper in the low-mid range markets.

Personally if I were to buy a card now I'd go with AMD, in fact I actually picked up a Gigabyte 7870 Ghz card 4~ months ago which has worked great and easily gave the best performance for its price. But aside from potential cost benefits the current AMD cards far outperform Nvidia away when it comes to DirectCompute features, and they have taken a page out of Nvidia's book by gaining the growing support of many big game developers through their Gaming Evolved program which will likely result in games being better optimised for AMD hardware. The next-generation consoles will also be using AMD hardware based on the current (or possibly upcoming) models which could also help with AMD optimisation. So right now I'd recommend AMD with either a 7870 XT (based on 7900s Tahiti GPU instead of Pitcairn in the other 7870 models which results in better performance, bit sad I wasn't able to get one of these instead of my Ghz edition) or 7950 Boost, or even a 7970 if the budget allows.

I do have amd my self, I had some great troubles with the drivers in the beginning. I couldn't play flash movies + play cs 1.6, If I did it lagged as hell. So I would say that nvidia is better to offer stable drivers. But you know more about this than I do. I am really good at grafic card when I am about to buy a new card :P

@Xtmr are we talking gpus or cpus? Amd do both.
    And intel only do integrated grafic as far as I know. But we shall not compare apples with pears.
    Last edited by klusbert; 04-23-2013 at 10:48 PM.

I do have amd my self, I had some great troubles with the drivers in the beginning. I couldn't play flash movies + play cs 1.6, If I did it lagged as hell. So I would say that nvidia is better to offer stable drivers. But you know more about this than I do. I am really good at grafic card when I am about to buy a new card :P

@Xtmr are we talking gpus or cpus? Amd do both.
    And intel only do integrated grafic as far as I know. But we shall not compare apples with pears.
    Talking about GPU, and Intel supply the GPU itself to NVidia (or at least the blueprints for it, depends on what model). Intel only retail onboard graphics, but they work closely with some card manufacturers.