Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

Cheat Developer

Thread: Cheat Developer

Cheat Developer

What i need study to develop cheats?
    I already know oo programming, but i need learn how game works and how debug a game.
    Someone have e-book or text to help-me?

You could try to follow some tutorials on crackmes.de and then start patching them yourself, and also check tuts on cheatengine forums, after that try to debug the tibia client, start with easy things like finding the memory addresses for health, exp etc., learn how to read structures (cheatengnine has many facilities to ease such things), start learning how to use breakpoints properly, there are good tuts here in the legacy board, someone should take some time to move then (i would if they let me!).

as for books, I heard Secrets of Reverse Engineering is quite nice, I'm still in the theoretical part for last 6 months though (i dont like ebooks), so can't really judge.

CodeProject is an excellent resource too for tutorials and if you got any general questions you could ask at reverse engineering SE or here.
    Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by icekiller View Post
    What i need study to develop cheats?
    I already know oo programming, but i need learn how game works and how debug a game.
    Someone have e-book or text to help-me?
    You'll need to know about a few things:

Reverse engineering so that you can study the internal mechanisms of a game.
    Control techniques (methods of abusing said mechanisms or perhaps non-intrusive methods such as the windows messaging system).
    Windows memory region layout and organisation (this is somewhat complex, but there are some good wikipedia articles about it if you shop around).
    A bit of assembly, you'll pick this up in the reverse engineering part though.

That's pretty much it for back end, obviously you'll need some knowledge of GUI design and construction, but that's taken care of for you in the "best" IDEs.