Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

How to update a bot

Thread: How to update a bot

How to update a bot

good afternoon dear friends, I am trying to learn about building bots, I find no guidance so download the sources of tugbot DarkStar and would like to learn how to place him more versions! if any of you could help me would be happy, I want to learn but can not find guides
    the bot only supports up to version 8.71 I would like to add more versions could do? and where should edit?
    clarified that I am using the sources of tugbot Darkstar

I think you'd be better off starting from scratch then trying to update it.

Quote Originally Posted by ottizy View Post
    I think you'd be better off starting from scratch then trying to update it.
    very good friend, but I do not have tutorials, I want to learn but can not find the way
    could you tell me where I can read to learn? which guide should I follow?

There's plenty of tutorials and examples on this forum, just search

Quote Originally Posted by ottizy View Post
    There's plenty of tutorials and examples on this forum, just search
    Excuse me, but at the session of "tutorial" only 12 post! and none says as start creating a bot!
    you could send me a link to a post where teach start creating a bot?

Quote Originally Posted by XxhadesxX View Post
    Excuse me, but at the session of "tutorial" only 12 post! and none says as start creating a bot!
    You appear to be of the impression that to "create a bot" requires a single skill. Well, get that straight out of your head. It requires a wide variety of skills including everything from reverse engineering, an understanding of some pretty sophisticated programming concepts, to some extent advanced mathematics, as well of course as a basic understanding of programming principles and software engineering.

You could get started by learning the basics of a language such as C#, C++, or if you're feeling daring you can always try VB or something. Either way, you really do need to write a handful of hello world applications before expecting any results more than a line of text.

Also, as ottizy said, you really won't be able to update anything that old without a ton of help or a lot of luck/skill/knowledge.

ATB
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by XxhadesxX View Post
    You need to search. This forum was merged and some threads ended up in the wrong section etc.

Administrator
    There is no one tutorial on how to update a bot. It requires extensible knowledge of the subject and the code at hand. What level would you rate your programming skill? None, beginner, moderate, advanced? If you consider yourself either a beginner or lower then you need to leave this forum and learn a programming language to the point where you feel comfortable making small programs with ease (e.g., calculator, tic-tac-toe game, etc.). I personally suggest either working with C++, or, if you don't feel comfortable with C++, C#. When you get to the point where you understand the language, and how to wrote simple programs, take the TUGBot source code and read through it. If you've learned enough you should be able to understand the majority of the code there. If not, you'll need to learn more. You will learn through Google. That's your best source for programming tutorials and such. The last thing on your mind to learn is anything related to Tibia bot programming. But, eventually, you should get to the point where you can look at open source programs and understand what each line of code is doing and why it's doing that. Once you've mastered that you'll be better able to update TUGBot, but you won't be able to fully. Learning what you want won't take one day in front of the computer, it may take weeks or months. Even if I, or someone else, took the time to show you how to update TUGBot it would take a LONG time, and at the end you wouldn't have learned anything. Yes, you would know how to update it from it's current state, but how about future updates? Or making it compatible with an older client? We're all more than happy to answer questions, and help those in need, but they have to help themselves first.

Thanks buddy, I'll try to learn more on the issue and then try to create a bot