Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

ReadProcessMemory for Linux? Here! Working ptrace example!

Thread: ReadProcessMemory for Linux? Here! Working ptrace example!

ReadProcessMemory for Linux? Here! Working ptrace example!

So I wanted to make some shit for Linux, and couldn't work out where to begin working with Tibia.

First off, you'll probably want some tools. I'm using Xubuntu (and it's fucking lovely, I might add). If you want to do this the way I am, to avoid confusion, please follow each bit!

First, find an address. Use GameConquerer (available through the Ubuntu software centre). Crack it open, launch Tibia for Linux (DON'T USE WINE FOR ANY MEMORY READING SHIT! If you use Wine I don't think you can access to Linux client from CE @ Wine). Now, find a memory address. I found Experience, since it isn't XOr'd in Windows, I figured it would be easiest. Now we have somewhere to start.

Crack out your IDE or text editor, and slap this code in there:

Code:
    #include <iostream>
    #include <string>
    #include <sys/ptrace.h>
    #include <errno.h>

int main()
    {
        pid_t pid = 4847;
        int addr = 0x84a1bd8;
        long ret = ptrace(PTRACE_ATTACH, pid, NULL, NULL);
        cout << "ptrace Status: " << ret << endl;
        cout << "Errno: " << errno << endl;
        ret = ptrace(PTRACE_PEEKDATA, pid, addr, NULL);
        ret = ptrace(PTRACE_DETACH, pid, NULL, NULL);
        return 0;
    }
    So, what's it doing? Well, I'll explain as much as I know. In Linux you don't need any handle bullshit to read memory, and it appears there is no ASLR (fucking wonderful!) So you don't need to worry about getting base addresses and shit. Unfortunately, it's harder to find processes (in my experience) so you might have difficulty getting a PID automatically. So, first off we're declaring a pid_t as 4847 (my current Tibia PID, change it, you can find the PID in task manager or in GameConquerer - hereby referred to as GC). Next up is the address, declared as an int but written as a UInt (I think? IDFK). So, next up we have this whole ptrace shit. It was invented for debugging, so that people could monitor their memory usage remotely and find out what they are doing wrong. Gives us some tidy access, there is one small fault though. I think that when you call PTRACE_ATTACH, it stops the process, and until you call PTRACE_DETACH, the client freezes (aew shit) but I don't know for sure, not tested yet. Gonna try it in a bit.

Google ptrace to get a list of possible options (e.g PTRACE_ATTACH, PTRACE_PEEKDATA, PTRACE_PEEKWORD etc). The other values are ofc process ID, address to peek, and the last one is a data structure, so if you make a struct for a battle list entry ptrace will grab the entire struct from memory starting at the address specified, and eat it all up straight into your variable. Fucking lovely.

Hope this helps someone. This is a default library on Linux (ptrace), and it is amazing from what I've seen so far. Taking just a PID and address as it appears in your tool is something I wish Windows would do.

Good luck, and let's all start doing it with penguins?????

I can't get the HP and MP address. Are they XOR'd or something?

;-;

Edit: Nevermind. Figured out how to use the XOR key.
    Last edited by Vicentee; 07-21-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicentee View Post
    I can't get the HP and MP address. Are they XOR'd or something?

;-;

Edit: Nevermind. Figured out how to use the XOR key.
    Hi mate, sorry I didn't get to you in time. They are XOr'd in the Linux client as in Windows, I think the client is written in C++ using as many shared libraries as possible, so chances are things like the XOr values are like for like between windows and linux.

If you're planning to try develop anything of use in Linux, you may want to find an alternative to ptrace, as it freezes the target application each time it performs a memory read. Either that, or you'll likely want to do a batch read each time you do one (e.g set an UpdateWorld thread to run every second, and let the rest of the bot use that for resources...

Cheers & good luck!

"or you'll likely want to do a batch read each time you do one"

You would want to do that in windows too :P RPM is a terrible thing to call for small payloads.

Remember if you want to set memory address, you need:
    echo 0|sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
    for granting permission (they invented it against haxxors).

Has anyone succeeded in finding a pointer addresses on Linux? Scanmem and its GUI GameConqueror does not support such operation