Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

Any reverse engineering tips and books?

Thread: Any reverse engineering tips and books?

Any reverse engineering tips and books?

Hello guys,

I'm a Java developer and I decided to learn c++, and as an exercise, i chose to create a simple tibia bot.

I'm ok with programming logic and object oriented paradigm,
    what i'm having problem with, is finding tibia memory addresses and reading them.

So, can you recommend me some books and tips about reverse engineering, memory management, debugging, and stuff like that?

Thanks!!

I'm currently writing a book in game hacking, mostly based in my experience in writing the longest-surviving paid bot for real Tibia. The book is not done yet, but if you pre-order it through the publisher, you will get access to the first 5 chapters in PDF form. These chapters cover memory reading, debugging, recon, advanced memory forensics techniques, and insight into some of the most common data-structures that are used to store information within games.

http://nostarch.com/gamehacking

You can start with downloading Cheat Engine and follow the tutorial "Help > Cheat Engine Tutorial".
    This will give you the knowledge you need to find and modify memory addresses.

To read and write in C++ (not exclusive to C++) you can use ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory.

That is all you need to create a basic trainer.

For more advanced programs you should learn debugging using a debugger like x64dbg, OllyDbg or IDA.
    Also look into Code Injection, preferably Dll Injections. You can just google it, there's lots of information on the internet.

Then in the end it's pretty much like "How to draw a horse"

For book tips, well I don't really have any, never read any books about this topic.