Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

Regarding the recent banishments (Programmers need your input) - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding the recent banishments (Programmers need your input)

Regarding the recent banishments (Programmers need your input)

A question, do you know anyone who claims they were only banned by using elfbot (alas not botting)
    And that havn't botted for 6 months.. ?

From http://www.blackdtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35945

"So far I have 1 interesting report from an important person. But it needs to be proven. Still , he will be the winner of the 500 euros if nobody gets banished after the changes I will do as result of this report."

I wonder if Daniel will share this information.

/\ to be honest I highly doubt it, someone has just made up a good story. They wouldn't spoil confidential information to GMs and most of their office staff knows that there is some bot detection but has no idea how it works.

I didn't see it mentioned, WHEN DID THEY UPDATE THEIR SERVERS? It takes them a few hours to launch every update; correct me if im wrong but it must have been implemented in yalahar aka 8.4 update (or along with some minor bug fix)?! (there was a small change afterwards, mobs not moving on certain floors but afaik it was restricted to few servers)

1) How many accounts do you use, and were any of them banished?
    5 accounts, none of them were banished.
    2) Do you use a hexed MC client, a run-time MC patcher, or neither?
    Hexed MC
    3) Do you use a modified .pic file, .spr file, both, or neither?
    No
    4) Which bot programs do you use, if any?
    TibiaBot NG, Tibia Auto
    5) Do you send error reports when the client crashes, or have you ever sent one?
    No to both.
    6) Do you use a program to bypass the login servers?
    No
    7) Does your bot program use memory reading/writing, packet.dll, proxy, hooking, or something else?
    TibiaBot NG and Tibia Auto uses hooking, memory reading/writing, proxy(?)
    8) Please post any other helpful information here, such as: have you abused a game weakness? ie. teleporting.
    Teleporting

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3Bingham
    Us programmers would really appreciate any details you could give us about your playing experience whether you were banished or not.

ie. Here's a basic form to fill out, if you have any options I left out please let me know. (Note: I will answer these questions myself and know that none of my accounts were banished.)

1) How many accounts do you use, and were any of them banished? I use 3 accounts, and no, none of them were banished.
    2) Do you use a hexed MC client, a run-time MC patcher, or neither? Neither
    3) Do you use a modified .pic file, .spr file, both, or neither? Neither
    4) Which bot programs do you use, if any? (TibiaBot NG, ElfBot NG, TibiaMCV, BBot, TibiaEzBot, OrkBot, self made, other, etc.) I use TibiaBot NG for the most part, but I've tested TibiaEzBot not long ago and sometimes I test a private project.
    5) Do you send error reports when the client crashes, or have you ever sent one? No to both.
    6) Do you use a program to bypass the login servers? No
    7) (Programmers) Do you use a useless account to test your programs, and if so was it banished, was another account banished, etc.? I use a somewhat useless account, but none of my accounts were banished.
    8) Does your bot program use memory reading/writing, packet.dll, proxy, hooking, or something else? TibiaBot NG uses hooking, TibiaEzBot uses a proxy, and my private project uses a proxy.
    9) (Programmers) When testing your programs do you do anything that might be suspicious? I'll log in and out of my account a lot, mostly because I debug in the middle of receiving a packet and lose my connection to the server.
    10) Please post any other helpful information here, such as: have you abused a game weakness? ie. teleporting. No I have not.

Remember to limit your answers to things you have done in the past few weeks as Cip has stated these banishments came from information collected over the past few weeks (Unless, of course, you haven't LOGGED IN within the past MONTH, then please let us know). The purpose of this is to hopefully help us programmers pinpoint a possible conclusion as to what Cip's "automated" system is looking for. My guess is that it has to do with packets. Either they're being sent unnaturally (ie. ElfBot's "Dash" feature) or something like that.

Thanks,
    Jo3

Dark Pallys: I just added this form so people can copy and paste it including the formatting of the text.
    1. one acc....no banish
    2. no mc
    3. nope...
    4.i always use tibiaezbot..... if bruno keep this working up this program will grow very big......
    5.never.....
    6.nope.....
    8.as writed over i use ez and yes i use proxy
    10.yes i have teleporting many times...stairjump....i think its a weakness now.....

More than likely, if the detection tool is real, it doesn't scan the user's systems, but instead analyzes data sent/stored on the server. This wouldn't violate any laws.

My theory is that the detection tool works by comparing data such as the pathways users walked, spells cast, and things such as that. If a user were to walk the exact same path repeatedly, on multiple days/occasions, that would most likely be cause enough to warrant a ban.

For those that just use bots for spellcasting/runemaking, this same theory can apply, because most bots do things @ set intervals (someone already mentioned timers).

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part. I could be wrong.

1) How many accounts do you use, and were any of them banished? 1, it wasn't banished.

2) Do you use a hexed MC client, a run-time MC patcher, or neither? Neither

3) Do you use a modified .pic file, .spr file, both, or neither? Neither

4) Which bot programs do you use, if any? ElfBot NG

5) Do you send error reports when the client crashes, or have you ever sent one? Don't think I have

6) Do you use a program to bypass the login servers? Nope

7) (Programmers) Do you use a useless account to test your programs, and if so was it banished, was another account banished, etc.?

8) Does your bot program use memory reading/writing, packet.dll, proxy, hooking, or something else?

9) (Programmers) When testing your programs do you do anything that might be suspicious?

10) Please post any other helpful information here, such as: have you abused a game weakness? ie. teleporting. Nothing realleh

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa
    More than likely, if the detection tool is real, it doesn't scan the user's systems, but instead analyzes data sent/stored on the server. This wouldn't violate any laws.

My theory is that the detection tool works by comparing data such as the pathways users walked, spells cast, and things such as that. If a user were to walk the exact same path repeatedly, on multiple days/occasions, that would most likely be cause enough to warrant a ban.

For those that just use bots for spellcasting/runemaking, this same theory can apply, because most bots do things @ set intervals (someone already mentioned timers).

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part. I could be wrong.
    thats what i said

I think its worth posting also here, in case someone doesnt read blackd forum...

So daniel got 2 belivable reports:
    1) The server asks Tibia client for its title/default channel content and sends it back using normal talk packets
    2) Mapclicking/repeated movements/other suspicious packets (like mapclicking walking over tiles unwalkable by default)

So basicaly the second one is hard to prevent and server-sided, still it's hard to make this system automatic and 100% accurate...

The first one... well, we should just check the code!

First of all , sorry about my english .

One solution for mapclicking could be replace the function gotoxyz for another that randonly change the coordinates some where near . Like

old :
    goto(y,x,z)

new :

Newgoto(x,y,z)
    i = randon(1..8)
    if i = 1 then
    y = y++
    else if i = 2
    x = x++
    etc..

dont flame me plx