Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/iano/public_html/tpforums-vb5/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code(6) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant misc - assumed 'misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant index - assumed 'index' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code(4) : eval()'d code on line 1

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 85

Video Board / card - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Video Board / card

Quote Originally Posted by XtrmJash View Post
    I was just praying that you would catch on to that, cause I just knew Wesker wouldn't have the intelligence to do so.
    every single mother board can be oc, its about the volts, as far as I know the CPU doesn't have a single build in connection to the PSU, therefor your just stupid, saying that a motherboard can or not oc, is about the performance and the locks that the processor or the motherboard has, z77 for example has 2 switches that can do a light oc, however the amount of volts will not get into the Vhight they will be Vdrop so you could go for a 1.4v and still have enought cooling instead of putting a 1.3

the motherboard send the electric signal to everything in it, therefor ram, gpu, cpu, is controled by the motherboard, therefor you can and are actually overlocking the mobo

but hey you might not know that something like the BIOS exist, why should i bother explaining this too you.

pictures to help your retarded ass too boot up

You cannot overclock a motherboard. The motherboard has no frequency to be increased.

A motherboard that is sporting anything labeled "overclock" is in regard to its ability to interface with the overclocking functionality in clockable hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstaR View Post
    You cannot overclock a motherboard. The motherboard has no frequency to be increased.

A motherboard that is sporting anything labeled "overclock" is in regard to its ability to interface with the overclocking functionality in clockable hardware.
    your overlocking a mother board when your letting more volts into the cpu.............

overlock : Overclocking is the process of making a computer or component operate faster than the clock frequency specified by the manufacturer by modifying system parameters. One of the most important techniques is running at a higher clock rate (more clock cycles per second; hence the name "overclocking"), but other parameters, such as CPU multiplier and memory timings, can also be changed and would be considered to be overclocking. Operating voltages may also be changed (increased), which can increase the speed at which operation remains stable. Most overclocking techniques increase power consumption, generating more heat, which must be dispersed if the chip is to remain operational.

overclocking - if even possible - comes with high risk of system instability. Undervolting is possible to some extent (depending on motherboard design and CPU quality)

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1804

just to drop a simple easy example of overclocking a motherboard

thats just because darkstar will argue that you can only overclock if you got cycles, np bro ill give you more cycles of what any motherboard already can perform by 2 pci slot

cof cof owned ..........

0 cycles < expander with gpu <3

perfect example of overlocking a motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    every single mother board can be oc, its about the volts, as far as I know the CPU doesn't have a single build in connection to the PSU, therefor your just stupid, saying that a motherboard can or not oc, is about the performance and the locks that the processor or the motherboard has, z77 for example has 2 switches that can do a light oc, however the amount of volts will not get into the Vhight they will be Vdrop so you could go for a 1.4v and still have enought cooling instead of putting a 1.3

the motherboard send the electric signal to everything in it, therefor ram, gpu, cpu, is controled by the motherboard, therefor you can and are actually overlocking the mobo

but hey you might not know that something like the BIOS exist, why should i bother explaining this too you.

pictures to help your retarded ass too boot up

Allow me to explain to you how overclocking works.

Typically a processor will run at a certain frequency (measured in Hz or Hertz, which is pulses per second). The signal might look like this: _-_-_-_, on an oscilloscope. The frequency can also be a measure of how many calculations your processor can perform in a second (though it will actually be a division of the frequency, typically a 4GHz CPU can handle about 500,000 calculations per second). These calculations, or operations, are performed by the processor itself. The processor contains an oscillating device, which creates the signal I demonstrated above. That signal is fed into two paths, one of which is the data path, in which the signals ground is disconnected (0) and reconnected (1), via a specific interface to the CPU itself. The point of this being, that the clock is internal to the CPU.

Now that you understand that the clock itself is within the CPU, not the motherboard, maybe you'll realise that to overclock a motherboard is not what is being done. The overclocking procedure may be performed on the BIOS, which is part of the motherboards firmware / software, but it is simply sending different commands and signals to the CPU itself, so that the CPU can behave accordingly.

I'll also point out that the voltage to the CPU has an impact on the strength of the signal which is being processed as data. The basic problem being that the PSU for the CPU is designed to only deliver a certain amount of current (which will prevent overheating via power draw), and it would be difficult and tedious to control the amount of current delivered to the CPU. When you increase the frequency of a signal, you lose signal integrity and you'll begin to see "blips" in your clock signal. These blips could be misinterpreted by the CPU, and considered to be pulses when they shouldn't be. This is what causes instability by overclocking. To counteract this measure, you need to provide more power to the CPU, therefor increasing the strength of the signal it generates. The best way to increase the power is to increase the voltage, because the current is difficult to control. Increasing the voltage (thus the power) in turn increases signal integrity and provides a more stable environment for the CPU to operate in.

The motherboard does not send any signals to anything, really, it is just a highway between each of its devices (CPU, RAM, HDD, PCI-e devices), carrying signals between those devices. Controlling the voltages is, admittedly, done by the motherboard, however this is nothing to do with overclocking, other than it prevents some of the nasty instabilities caused by increasing the clock speed.

your overlocking a mother board when your letting more volts into the cpu.............

overlock : Overclocking is the process of making a computer or component operate faster than the clock frequency specified by the manufacturer by modifying system parameters. One of the most important techniques is running at a higher clock rate (more clock cycles per second; hence the name "overclocking"), but other parameters, such as CPU multiplier and memory timings, can also be changed and would be considered to be overclocking. Operating voltages may also be changed (increased), which can increase the speed at which operation remains stable. Most overclocking techniques increase power consumption, generating more heat, which must be dispersed if the chip is to remain operational.

overclocking - if even possible - comes with high risk of system instability. Undervolting is possible to some extent (depending on motherboard design and CPU quality)

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1804

just to drop a simple easy example of overclocking a motherboard

thats just because darkstar will argue that you can only overclock if you got cycles, np bro ill give you more cycles of what any motherboard already can perform by 2 pci slot

cof cof owned ..........

0 cycles < expander with gpu <3

perfect example of overlocking a motherboard
    You're not overclocking the motherboard, you're overclocking the processor. That's like saying "I'm going to drive my road on the car". It's just not what you're doing.

i could say im going to drive my car to the beach and i let my friend drive it, it is still the same car and the same path, and the processor is not the only thing you can overclock, i dont even bother reading your huges walls of text, if your going to make a point and you cant point that out in 5 paragraphs, its pointless.

simple text :
    motherboard transmits voltage - voltage running on the cpu overclocks the cycles
    motherboard without extra voltage - cpu stands normal

therefor if your running higher voltage you are overclocking the motherboard, "since and i will say this once" theres no such thing as overclocking a processor without a motherboard.

ill say your right when i see that you can overclock a cpu without 1.

at least darkstar's case with the cycles had a solid and valid point, youre just posting walls of meaningless text :/

Wrong. Firstly increasing the voltage doesn't increase the clock rates but rather helps to allow you to achieve higher rates by increasing the signal quality which deteriorates at the higher rates, so even if you pass voltage specifications it really isn't overclocking in itself. Secondly motherboard manufacturers have voltage regulator module (VRM) specifications from CPU manufacturers which specify the voltage ranges expected to be supplied to the CPU which will typically be greater than the ranges on the CPU specifications (eg: Intel specifies Xeon 5000 series VCore to 1.35 V for the CPU and 1.6 V for the VRM). So even if you pass the CPU specifications you are still likely within that of the motherboard's, and I doubt many motherboards would even let you increase it past their guaranteed VRM specifications without doing some modifications to the BIOS and/or VRM hardware but in any case like I said this really isn't overclocking since it won't be affecting the clock rate anything is actually running at.

"since and i will say this once" theres no such thing as overclocking a processor without a motherboard.

ill say your right when i see that you can overclock a cpu without 1.
    Huh? No one has said you can overclock the CPU without the motherboard's help, the point being made is you really aren't overclocking the motherboard itself in doing so. Really the only way you could be considered to be overclocking the motherboard is if you push its bus speeds, PCI-E for example (this one is potentially dangerous hard drives though), past the specifications which really won't happen unless you either have a low-end motherboard (assuming it even gives you an option to push that far) or a doing an extreme overclock.

Furthermore that picture you shown of the motherboard with the OC buttons doesn't overclock the board itself but rather the CPU and RAM by upping their clock rates and voltages to stabilise, the motherboard itself still operates within its specifications and definitely would be programmed not to be passed. I'd be very cautious of using such a thing though since there is no hard and fast rule to overclocking and each individual piece of hardware will perform differently, you can take two systems with identical hardware models and overclock one a good margin further than the other. Overclocking isn't a simple thing to do, you honestly can't hit a button and magically expect to achieve a real high increase although it may be decent enough for the more casual users who it is aimed at.

3rd time in a row that i have to type this, fuck it ill put a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3xxxonFKu8

stupid laptop shuts down

3rd time in a row that i have to type this, fuck it ill put a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3xxxonFKu8

stupid laptop shuts down
    @1:20~ "When you do this, it will overclock everything on your computer". All that BClk is is a base clock, it's a multiplier for your CPU, RAM, GPU, and other chips on the computer. It has no actual overclocking effect on the motherboard itself.